Who We Are
What do Airbnb, Slack & Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 2,500 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, & London, Culture Amp isnt just for fast-growing startups - were for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, & act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, & turn company culture into a competitive edge.
Its what makes us the worlds leading people & culture platform.
What is the opportunity?
We are searching for a Data Engineer to join our team in Australia to take our data capability to the next level, across everything from batch & stream processing to product analytics, data science, & machine learning. Your work will enable many parts of the business to better understand & serve our customers through the collection, analysis & democratisation of our data. This is a chance to have a huge impact on transforming the world of work for the betterand learn a lot in the process.
What will you bring to the Camp?
Data engineering is an emerging & rapidly changing discipline, & we recognize that every data engineer will have a unique blend of skills. Were looking for someone with solid software engineering fundamentals & experience with cloud infrastructure, specifically in AWS. In addition, youll have a track record of delivery across a number of key areas of data engineering. We dont expect you to be an expert in all of the below, but you should have deep experience in a few & a willingness to learn the others.
- Building high-quality batch processing systems with sophisticated orchestration, quality monitoring, & awareness of data lineage
- Stream processing at scale using tools like Storm, Flink, Kafka, & Spark Streaming
- Data engineering on the AWS platform, including tools like Kinesis, EMR, S3, Athena, Redshift, & SageMaker.
- Knowledge of columnar or distributed data processing systems, such as Redshift, Hive, Spark or Presto.
- Best practice dimensional modelling techniques such as derived fact tables & type 2 slowly changing dimensions, & leveraging them in a business intelligence system such as Tableau.
- Productionising machine learning pipelines & applications while optimizing for automation, reproducibility, & observability
- Building out secure data environments that enable key use cases while maintaining auditable security & privacy controls, leveraging AWS IAM & network-level security
Example activities of your day to day;
- Implement, test, automate, & deploy large scale, efficient data pipelines to deliver dependable data & insights to where theyre needed in the business
- Ensure high quality software engineering practices are applied to every stage of the data lifecycle
- Design & implement a secure data access architecture, providing insights to business users while maintaining data security, privacy, & sovereignty requirements
- Collaborate with data scientists to automate training & deployment of machine learning models
- Design & implement a system to securely & reliably send our product usage data to third-party systems such as Zendesk, Salesforce, or Amplitude
- Apply dimensional modelling techniques, allowing our data to be interrogated by business users in a business intelligence tool such as Looker or Tableau
What does success look like?
In the end, we are only successful when we help others & drive real business outcomes. Our goal is to ensure we:
- Collect all the data we need or might need, & not too much more
- Are able to leverage the data to generate insights
- Democratise the data, so it's available to all with as little friction as possible
- Support the business in using the data effectively, & ensuring they can trust it
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average & strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work & have fun doing it. So we have created 4 not your average values that we live by, take a read, & if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for company results, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, & endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in & out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - its important to us that everyone is an owner & can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave & in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, lets make work, work for you
- Fun & inclusive digital, & (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in peoples lives.
A few highlights from Culture Amp: