We are hiring an Assistant Manager, Royalty Administration in New York.Joining our Royalties team as the Assistant Manager, Royalties Administration. You will manage a small team & assist in delivering US Mechanical publishing royalties to our clients in an accurate & timely manner by running operational reporting & analysis to help streamline & co-ordinate the collection, processing, & accounting of royalties.Helping to create new processes & improve ones already in place in order to maintain efficient & timely reporting to our clients. You should have a strong attention to detail as there will be some complex big data statements for analysis. Strong communication skills is needed as an integral part of the job is communicating externally & internally to make sure all teams & labels are on the same page.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over50,000 artists & songwriters & 800 labels & publishing companies.Through Kobalt technology & services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, & maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized.With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal & app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work & activity.
Were currently over 500 people based across 10 offices & were expecting to grow. Thats where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today & tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER OF ROYALTY PROCESSING AT KOBALT DO?
- Oversee the processing of US mechanical & digital royalties on a quarterly basis
- Liaise with UK processing team to coordinate timetables & tasks
- Integrate & onboard new catalogues into existing processes
- Track payments & statements & coordinate with labels & DSPs in order to make sure we are 100% paid up on a quarterly basis
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years experience in a publishing position
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite with advanced excel knowledge
- Highly organized
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- A proactive & positive approach
- Effective project management skills
- Able to manage & work with firm deadlines within a fast-paced environment
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.