Away is seeking a thoughtful, innovative, & dynamic Director of Creative Strategy. This role will be the strategic driver of all creative initiativesleading the creation of insightful, compelling, data-driven briefs that foster big ideas & transform the way people think about travel. The ideal candidate is an expert in the cultural & creative landscape, is intensely familiar with channel strategy, & never settles for anything less than excellent. You understand collaboration is key & are at your best partnering with leadership across Creative, Brand, Growth & more to facilitate game-changing strategy.
This role is based at our headquarters in SoHo, NY & reports into our VP of Creative Strategy.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the strategy pillar of the Creative team, putting our brand purpose at the core, & set the processes, methods & standards that will guide future hires.
- Lead strategy on a day-to-day basis in both a high-level & hands-on capacity as needed while identifying key hires to build out the team & effectively delegate roles & responsibilities.
- Translate brand marketing briefs into creative briefsleveraging data, consumer research, cultural context & business needs to ensure our strategies are insightful, compelling & brand-led.
- Utilize your mastery of strategy fundamentals, such as leveraging quant & qual research, brief writing, cultural planning tools, performance analysis, & more, to inform & guide all steps of the creative processfrom briefing to execution.
- Be an expert in Aways consumer, commercial & cultural contexts.
- Act as a source of clarity for the teamensuring campaign goals are defined, ambitious & right for the business & that theres a shared vision among cross functional stakeholders.
- Lead with insights & truths that inspire great work, while encouraging creative & innovative problem solving.
- Become a champion for creative opportunitiespushing the team to take advantage of moments in culture for organic & innovative engagement with our community & beyond.
- Consistently measure the success & effectiveness of our work in market & identify opportunities for adjustments & improvements as needed.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years strategic planning experience in a creative environment, advertising agency experience preferred.
- Experienced in writing insightful briefs & leading compelling briefings that guide teams to innovative, boundary-pushing work.
- Proven track record of successfully transforming brand strategy into creative strategy that guides successful in-market work.
- Well versed in most forms of quantitative & qualitative research methodologies, & working knowledge of when & how to apply them.
- Deeply familiar with channel strategies, including full funnel, traditional & digital advertising, direct response programs, email, website, mobile, search & social media.
- Experienced in & comfortable working cross-functionally with various key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate your rationale & evoke excitement with your recommendations.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities & initiatives change frequentlystability means youre not innovating.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!