As a Scrum Master, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating our operational support practices in Engineering, managing our on-call teams & ensuring were providing comprehensive customer support.
Additionally, the Scrum Master, is responsible for leading the definition of necessary DevOps & Site reliability engineering (SRE) processes & methodology, & driving the adoption of DevOps & SRE practices through improvement initiatives across the Engineering department.
This role requires a collaborative business leader with strong project/program management experience on landing DevOps & SRE practices, understanding of engineering disciplines, & the ability to successfully influence in a highly matrixed environment.
In this role, you will ensure all of the critical aspects of our product in use by our customers have teams available 24/7, 365 that consistently provide excellent, responsive, support.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers to respond to our customers production incidents.
- Manage end-to-end availability & performance of mission critical services & build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Lead by example, care for the team, & establish credibility with the quality of the teams' technical execution.
- Navigate complex sets of dependencies between services & teams to optimize the critical path, address & mitigate risks.
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Represent the organization within the engineering community to influence partner roadmaps & strategy.
- Strategizing a multi-year roadmap for defining, integrating, evangelizing, & landing DevOps & SRE practices.
- Continuously evaluate & represent SRE, DevOps, & customer support with Senior Leadership & other Directors.
- Overseeing development of processes, tools & reporting & making key decisions for enabling DevOps & SRE practices for the business.
- Coordinate, measure, & monitor the execution of DevOps & SRE practices, & overseeing actions for continuous improvement.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.