About the Role
SevenRooms is looking for a VP of Finance to oversee & execute the company's financial operations. Reporting to the CEO, the right candidate will bring best practices & solid hands-on skills in strategic planning & analysis, accounting operations, & financial management, but most importantly, will take an active role in supporting the daily growth of our company. We are looking for a leader who is comfortable in a scaling startup environment & will work with our leadership team to drive results.
What You'll Do
- Oversee financial planning & analysis to provide strategic decision support to company leadership
- Manage budgeting & planning, forecasting, financial modeling, & reporting
- Own the companys accounting function, including revenue management, payables, A/R & collections, costing, asset management, & taxes
- Own standard financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L, & statement of cash flows, including preparation for board meetings
- Oversee & recommend efficient use & implementation of accounting & billing systems & controls
- Support corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising
- Be a key promoter of using data to drive decisions; support & enable reporting, distribution of data, & analysis of key business metrics
- Manage relationships with companys accounting, finance, banking, & insurance vendors; assist with managing relationships with IT, PEO, & facilities management as needed
- Hire & develop a high-performance Finance team
- Partner with external auditors on financial audits & SOX/internal controls review
Who You Are
Were looking for a creative candidate with excellent communications skills & the ability to roll up their sleeves & join a quickly moving, collaborative team.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in financial planning & analysis
- Working knowledge of SaaS company financial metrics, with experience in the field
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, M&A, or other high-growth, entrepreneurial environments
- Experience & proficiency in SaaS accounting & billing systems (e.g. Quickbooks, Intacct, Zuora, Recurly, etc.)
- CPA strongly preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries & flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, & pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, & unique memberships through One Medical & Perkspot
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart & passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the tech & hospitality space. Plus we're dog-friendly (woof!).
We believe that when insight & instinct combine, people & businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service & marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel & concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business & manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, & it shows in the products we build & the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.