We are seeking a Senior Director to join our team of talented attorneys. Based in New York, this position will report directly to our US General Counsel & will be working closely with our Global Digital team to take Kobalts digital partnerships to the next level.
This role plays a key role in the companys evolving digital strategy, ensuring that Kobalt enters into legally sound agreements that benefit our song writer & publishing clients. As the Senior Director, you will be hands-on in the negotiating & drafting of our agreements, as well as supporting & assisting the team with a variety of legal agreements, but with a particular focus on digital deals.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR DIRECTOR, BUSINESS AFFAIRS DO AT KOBALT?
- You will review, draft, negotiate & execute a variety of music agreements, with particular focus on licensing agreements with digital service providers
- You will work closely with different departments within Kobalt, including our Business Development, Synch & Corporate Finance teams to implement Kobalts overall global digital strategy
- You stay informed of industry trends within the digital space as well as maintain good relationships with external partners & various industry groups
- You will also assist the General Counsel as needed in areas of general practice
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Solid track record working as an attorney in the music industry negotiating & drafting digital content licensing agreements & other music publishing agreements is required
- Strong communication, negotiation, & drafting skills
- A team player who is highly adaptable & comfortable working in a fast-paced & evolving environment
- Sensitivity to confidential information & material
Why choose us?
At Kobalt weve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services & the technology weve built helps make the industry more fair & rewarding for artists. Were trusted by some of the worlds biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney & The Red Hot Chili Peppers & represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in the U.S. & U.K.
We thrive on creativity & are committed to championing diversity. Were dedicated to inclusiveness & provide all the resources & benefits you need to grow your career & reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, & an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process & a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.