Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role
The primary role of a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to educate & support academic key opinion leaders (KOLs) with the most current education materials supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health's product(s). The MSL will seek opportunities to engage & develop key opinion leaders (KOLs) in speaking engagements where they can educate other academic & community-based physicians.This is completed through direct education of KOLs with slides, abstracts & publications relevant to Guardant Health's products & services, participating in the development & creation of educational slides to be deployed in focused events (such as academic grand rounds or Continuing Medical Education (CME) lectures), training speakers/educators, & identifying opportunities for collaboration on relevant research projects & other projects of mutual interest.
The MSL will be effective at translating data from research projects & disseminating key information through publications, & presentations at national meetings, CME & educational activities. The role of the MSL position also involves supporting commercial operations, marketing & managed care; education & training of the sales team, & development of local/regional specialty society & health plan physician influencers to drive test adoption.
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key academic & community physicians, & KOLs to promote understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies.
- Identify & position KOLs to present at scientific forums such as national & regional specialty society meetings, as well as Grand Rounds & CME events at targeted institutions.
- Critically review & develop education slides based on new publications & research findings, for approval by Medical Affairs & Marketing.
- Facilitate meetings & scientific opportunities for the Guardant Health Chief Scientific & Medical Officers, that initiate & strengthen relationships with KOLs & other key physician influencers.
- Support on-site oral presentations, data reviews, & interactive education events for KOLs, also known as deep dive or VIP visits to Guardant Health.
- Assist Managed Care in mobilizing physician & KOL calls & letters to payers/insurers in targeted campaigns.
- Synopsize & educate key personnel regarding emerging abstracts & publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Assist the Medical Director(s) in agenda planning & meeting facilitation of Clinical Advisory Board(s).
- Function as the primary clinical resource to the Sales & Marketing team with participation in medical updates, scientific presentations, journal clubs, teleconferences, & meetings as requested.
- Facilitate opportunities for the Marketing & Medical Affairs teams to partner with KOLs for focus groups, PR events, working meetings & scientific forums.
- Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position).
- Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable. Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience working with experts at academic medical centers to build consensus around new products and/or services.
- Prior experience as an MSL in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics & pharmaceuticalindustry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, & Word
- Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team & at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills & personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs & scientific publications.
- Ability to elicit & answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables & meetings.
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events & trade shows.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, & formatting of documents.
- Extensive travel required up to 3-4 days per week to meet with KOLs, attend physician education talks & conference, including specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend work). Travel is estimated to be approximately 50%.
- Must be physically able to handle extensive travel in vehicle, plane, or other modes of public transport.
- Office may be home-based, & involves extensive use of computer & keyboard while in home office.
- Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in high-paced, high-energy environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.