SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOC/ASIC DFT ENGINEER (SILICON ENGINEERING)
At SpaceX were leveraging our experience in building rockets & spacecraft to deploy Starlink, the worlds most advanced broadband internet system. Starlink is the worlds largest satellite constellation & is providing fast, reliable internet to 1.5M+ users worldwide. We design, build, test, & operate all parts of the system thousands of satellites, consumer receivers that allow users to connect within minutes of unboxing, & the software that brings it all together. Weve only begun to scratch the surface of Starlinks potential global impact & are looking for best-in-class engineers to help maximize Starlinks utility for communities & businesses around the globe.
We are seeking a motivated, proactive, & intellectually curious engineer who will work alongside world-class cross-disciplinary teams (systems, firmware, architecture, design, validation, product engineering, ASIC implementation). In this role, you will be developing cutting-edge next-generation ASICs for deployment in space & ground infrastructures around the globe. These chips are enabling connectivity in places it has previously not been available, affordable or reliable. Your efforts will help deliver cutting-edge solutions that will expand the performance & capabilities of the Starlink network.
- Responsible for evaluating design readiness for scan insertion through RTL & physical design Scan Design Rule Check (DRC) tools
- Integration & verification of Design for Test (DFT) fabrics & IP within Subsystems
- Running & evaluating scan insertion through synthesis tools & refining scan insertion recipe for maximum coverage
- Run ATPG (Automatic Test Pattern Generation) analysis to ensure quality scan chain construction & meeting basic coverage goals
- Run & debug non-timing & SDF annotated gate level simulations
- Creating ATPG content for use in post-silicon testing & validating that content through gate level simulation
- Collaborate with circuit physical design team, ATPG team & manufacturing team to facilitate high quality scan coverage in silicon
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- 1+ of experience working with ASICs
- Experience in scan insertion & DFT setup, integration & validation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of ASIC design flow, methodologies, physical design, & verification
- RTL experience to understand, trace & debug RTL connectivity issues as they pertain to DFT
- Ability to solve complex problems including clock domain crossings & power optimization
- Experience with UPF (unified power format), formal verification, & DRC rule checking experience
- Familiar with advanced silicon process & technology nodes for high speed & low power consumption
- Experience with high reliability design & implementations
- Excellent scripting skills (csh/bash, Perl, Python etc.)
- Familiar with implementation or integration of design blocks using Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing needs & requirements
- Team-player, can-do attitude, & ability to work well in a group environment while still contributing on an individual basis
- Enjoys being challenged & learning new skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
DFT Engineer/Senior: $160,000.00 - $220,000.00/per year
Your actual level & base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis & may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge & skills, education, & experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses & the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, & various other discounts & perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.