Federal Marketing Director
Data may be the new oil, but few organizations reap the benefits. They dont know what data they have, where its stored, & if its properly backed up, protected & in compliance. Even worse, they cant derive deep insights from the data & applications & that impacts every aspect of the business.
Cohesity solves these problems with technology thats disrupting the $60B secondary data & apps market. Weve increased revenues by 300 percent, been recognized as a 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customers Choice for Data Center Backup & Recovery Solutions, & secured an additional $250M in Series D funding.
Now were looking for a talented, self-directed senior, marketing leader to drive awareness & adoption of Cohesity in the Federal sector.
You will work both strategically & tactically & use your exceptional creativity & analytical skills to deliver marketing programs for the Federal sector of Cophesity.
In this role, you will help the Federal sector acquire new customers, retain & grow existing customers & deliver growth in revenue. You will develop a deep understanding of the Federal sector priorities to define & execute marketing plans to support growth objectives. This role will be responsible for delivering the marketing content, collateral & customer-facing programs designed to drive further adoption of Cohesitty among technical influencers & decision makers in the government & ecosystem surrounding the Federal segment. This leader will be responsible for content development & demand generation as well as working with the broader marketing organization to oversee successful execution.You will also help ensure Cohesity marketing campaigns delivered through our preferred channel partners are well designed & in sync with our corporate marketing priorities, & the federal mission. As a virtual member of the Federal leadership team, you will collaborate with Federal leadership regularly to ensure the overall success of the Federal business sector every day.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology, an entrepreneurial spirit, & a successful track record. This is a unique opportunity to play a highly visible role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The development of all value propositions, core content, marketing & go-to-market strategies for the Federal Government
- Define the go-to-market approach to develop awareness programs & lead generation campaigns, spanning digital, PR & in-person campaigns.
- Craft & develop compelling messaging & tools focused on customers for use on the web, at live events & in customer facing programs.
- Work closely the rest of the marketing team to distill key functionality & benefits into core marketing messages that resonate with the federal audience.
- Drive digital campaigns that address the differing needs of both technical & non-technical users & buyers.
- Identify & execute breakthrough marketing activities that reach target audiences.
- Deliver clear, concise content for websites & social media.
- Work closely with the Federal sales leadership team, technical teams, & BD, PR, & evangelists to achieve business goals.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Federal Marketing, Marketing Communications and/or high-technology Product Marketing.
- Created positioning & marketing content for the public sector, with a focus on Federal
- Experience working with B2B partners developing Federal marketing strategy & business plans
- Experience working with large, Enterprise-wide technology companies
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Technology, or other relevant fields of study or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel in the US & abroad as necessary to execute marketing initiatives (~15%)