What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for an External Reporting Manager to join our growing team!
About Your Team
Youll be working in the Accounting & Finance team in New York. Our business is dynamic & growing in terms of size & complexity, thus we are looking for a proactive, dynamic, innovative & motivated individual to join the team & to quickly take on the below responsibilities.
To add maximum value, the role will also require an understanding of & contribution to the other functions of the wider Accounting & Finance team. In addition to the Accounting team, youll interact with other internal clients including Risk, Compliance, Legal, Operations & Senior Management. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Develop, drive, & manage processes for external financial & regulatory reporting
- Prepare & deliver accurate & complete external financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP, mainly comprised of financial statements & the accompanying disclosures
- Prepare regulatory reports in compliance with the respective states reporting requirements; ensure timely submission by the required deadline in coordination with the Compliance team
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify key data elements establish processes for external reporting to ensure data integrity for external financial & regulatory reporting
- Own & be responsible for the financial & regulatory reporting to external stakeholders in response to examination requests or various ad hoc requests
- Liaise with the various regulatory bodies & other industry leaders to interpret & implement financial & regulatory policies globally
- Research & document the detailed quarter-end & annual business analysis for financial & regulatory reporting. Identify the key reporting risks & manage resolution or escalate accordingly
- Be a valued partner to the Accounting team & develop an in-depth understanding of various local markets GAAP, revenue recognition criteria & regulatory requirements
- Ensure a robust set of controls is operating properly through effective supervision, challenge & impact assessment
- Strong communication skills & be able to clearly articulate matters & report with several stakeholders, including the business, external auditors, etc., on financial results
- Understand front to back flows & the ability to partner with other functions to address inefficiencies
- Work with other functions to deliver process improvement in line with our strategic programs of work
- Possess a strong risk mind-set to challenge & influence the effectiveness of upstream controls to further strengthen the front to back control environment
- Act as the subject matter expert & keep abreast of all new & existing accounting pronouncements & regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, with a strong understanding of accounting principles & capital markets
- 8+ years of prior experience in the Financial Services industry, specifically dealing with complex global subsidiary structures
- 8+ years prior experience regulatory reporting for a top-tier Financial Services company
- 8+ years prior experience preparing financial statements & the accompanying footnote disclosures
- CPA or equivalent
- Understanding of both IFRS & US GAAP
- Experience working in an ERP system / environment
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills a must
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency markets is an advantage but not required
- A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels with an ability to influence & constructively challenge traders
- Capable of running with projects & leading a team
- Fast learner & team player
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand