About the right team member:
Engineering Managers lead & mentor high output teams but also help craft our customer-facing applications. You'll provide hands-on leadership, shipping code alongside guiding your team through their careers. Youll collaborate closely with product & design teams to advance the look & feel of new features/products. We are constantly iterating & innovating our products to offer the best advice possible to over 400,000 customers. We strive for fluid, delightful user experience & leverage the entire stack to realize these goals. Were faced with overcoming challenges of scale & architecture, but also interaction, simplicity & ease of use to deliver the best investing experience possible.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Build things people love. Our goal is to delight our customers whenever possible. Sleek design, simple user experience, & access to smart decisions help us to achieve it
- Take your ideas to the next level right away. We experiment, iterate, learn, & repeat
- Collaborate, with purpose. Youll work in small groups with other talented thinkers & figure out how to make Betterments revolutionary software even better.
- Gain trust through openness. We believe in taking the guesswork out of investing. That means a consistent experience for our customers youll build the tools to make it possible
- Craft efficiency. Our software helps customers save time & money. We maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, & lean engineering
- Work with people who care. Half of our team is made up of engineers but we believe everyone at Betterment is an engineer with their own tools. Were a group of talented engineers who pride ourselves on what we do.
You will be effective if you have:
- Have a real passion for software engineering & building delightful experiences
- Know when to make the trade-offs required to ship without compromising quality
- Value agility & pragmatism in software development
- Have a track record of leading highly productive engineering teams
You will answer questions like:
- How do we best validate our decisions through experimentation & iteration?
- How do you create opportunities for your team to grow & excel?
- How can we decompose long-term projects into small, releasable achievements that provide incremental value to our customers?
Were smart, creative, high-energy, & lots of fun. Come join us!
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.