Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Our Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business & support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance & the Business.
About the Job:
As a Senior MySQL DBA you will spearhead & lead our technology initiatives in the realm of infrastructure as we continue our path to a multi-could tenancy. You will be responsible for building database foundations & developing tooling, policies, & processes to build Rent The Runway to higher levels of scale, & performance. Ultimately be tasked with maturing existing ways of all things database management.
What You'll Do:
- As a Senior MySQL DBA you will be responsible for several technical deliverables, working together with our Staff Engineers/ Architects
- You will be responsible for implementing new systems to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment
- You will run & spearhead with other infrastructure / application engineers, dbas, vendors & own critical database projects end to end
- You will produce stellar technical specs & documentation while you design, implement, backup & recovery, monitor, & performance tune our environment
- 24x7 support & troubleshooting production related database issues while managing databases in virtual & cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure or VMWare)
- Lead the roadmap & management of non-relational database servers such as AWS DynamoDB, Redshift, Redis, Couch, MongoDB or other No-SQL platforms
- 5+ years of experience in MySQL database management & scripting in a professional, hybrid cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, Azure or VMWare
- Recent experience implementing multilayer, high-availability replication topologies
- Exposure to NoSQL platforms & conceptual understanding a plus
- Understand virtualization & creating performant virtualized environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Automating routine tasks, & procedures
- Experience with Database sharing & partitioning
- Experience with designing & implementing high-availability database features, utilizing various replication & disaster recovery methodologies.
- Experience implementing database schema changes in a production environment requiring minimal downtime & minimal performance impact.
- Experience defining & implementing database management tools across entire database platform to ensure database performance & stability is maximized across the entire organization
- Experience with managing the full life-cycle of database schema design & implementation, which includes script management from development through production releases
- Experience with establishing & implementing database security & backup retention policies
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.