Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is within the PaaS (Platform as a Service) Data Tier team, to act as one of key technology leaders to build & manage Visa's data/database infrastructure, including RDBMS, NoSQL technologies, as well as integration services. The individual will provide thought & technical leadership to establish & maintain database roadmap, execute strategic initiatives, & develop database solutions for large & complex projects. The individual will also lead the team to research & POC new database features or products, to meet current & future Visa's product development demands. One of the key goals would be to work with product development teams across Visa to inform & execute on Visa's overall PaaS Data Tier direction with a goal of enabling product innovation velocity.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space & be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; implementing strategies, providing technology leadership, & implementing processes that enable the organization to innovate & grow.
Develop database technology strategies & roadmaps to meet business requirements by partnering with product development teams, Cybersecurity & infrastructure peer teams.
Work with team of database engineers to define & establish enterprise support standards, ensure database systems have version standards, deployments standards, hosting architecture, monitoring/alerting, backup standards, TSR, data encryptionthat supports business' security, availability, recoverability & financial requirement.
Provide technical leadership to develop database solution for large & complex projects
Research & POC the next generation database features & products
Able to execute strategic initiatives
Demonstrate thought leadership through presentations & teaching throughout Visa.
Contribute to key technology initiatives
Apply best practice for database architecture & documentation
Provide subject matter expertise across teams & functions
Demonstrate business savvy to work effectively with all levels of the organization to achieve key business & technology goals
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Extensive knowledge & experience with NoSQL technologies. Knowledge on related infrastructure technologies
- Strong experience with infrastructure & hosting technologies & vendors
- Strong experience with cloud technologies including IaaS & PaaS offerings
- Extensive experience as a Solutions Architect
- Possesses a deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns
- Good skillsets in collaborating within & without teams to deliver complex technology initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, team building & leadership skills
- Effective communication (both written & verbal) skills & the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence & develop relationships with key partners.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.