Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for a Visual Designer to help guide the direction of the Unfold App, which is part of our suite of Squarespace products. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
You have a visual design background & are comfortable working with engineers, user research, content strategy, & product marketing. Through collaboration with them, you will improve the current experience, while also developing new concepts to push the experience forward. You are experiment-minded, & quick to prototype concepts or ideas. You can consider a range of user goals to create an experience that aids a users comprehension of the entire Squarespace offering & empowers them to make thoughtful decisions.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager on our Unfold team. We are open to this role being 100% remote.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable, beautiful, & marketable
- Use & understand the platform to identify new opportunities for delivering a better product for our customers
- Develop information architecture & build wireframes
- Work with developers during build processes
- Collaborate with Marketing & Brand teams to ensure that efforts are mirrored
- 2+ years of experience
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, animation & an eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design & prototyping
- Ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes & coming up with ideas that are enticing
- Knowledge of current trends in design & technology
- Proficiency in animation tools like Adobe After Effects
- Graphic design skills & a portfolio showcasing web or mobile design work & beautiful comps that communicate large concepts
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Our Product Design team is made up of designers from a variety of backgrounds & we value the diverse perspective this brings; therefore, we do not require a certain degree (Bachelor's, Master's) to be considered. We are open to this role sitting in NY or 100% remotely.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.