WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Associate Director of E-Commerce Operations is responsible for the effective daily execution & viability of e-commerce sites & mobile applications at The Knot Word Wide, specifically in the area of registry & stationery . This is a high-impact & critical function in the organization, & requires an attentive, organized, & direct leader who is not afraid to make decisions in a fast-paced environment. This individual will understand & appreciate the gravity of owning a system that processes 10s of millions of dollars in commerce transactions, the customer service & reputational impact poor performance would have on the company, & will ensure best-in-class experiences for our users.
- Responsible for building a program to effectively observe & collect issues, assess the severity of production issues, route to the appropriate teams for analysis & resolution, & ensure issues are resolved in priority order to maintain operational excellence for users
- Participate in the analysis of site performance (both technical & financial) & collaborate with Departmental & Executive Leadership, Business Teams, Product Management, Program Management, & Engineering teams to scope future enhancements
- Oversee a team that manages the systems that underlie consumer-facing e-commerce properties, including Magento E-commerce, Mirakl marketplace, & various other platforms
- Collaborate with e-commerce business stakeholders (Business Development, Site Merchandising, Customer Service) to identify trends & issues, quantify the cost & benefits of resolutions, & find efficient ways to anticipate & proactively address production issues
- Manage the systems & processes to monitor, collect, prioritize, assign, track, & report on resolution of production issues
- Define operational SLAs with internal & external support functions & report to departmental & executive leadership on the resolution of issues & the velocity of resolutions for existing & new e-commerce projects & functions
External Partner Management
- Serve as primary day-to-day relationship owner with Magento, Mirakl, Stripe, Avalara, & other third-party partners
- Ensure partners are adequately accounted for & part of operational SLAs & a results-and-accountability focused ecosystem
- Ensure partners meet SLAs & participate in the evaluation of the quality of partnerships & advise on changes needed in contracts & services
Internal Partner Management
- Represent the e-commerce team in roadmap planning for future enhancements & the expansion of e-commerce capabilities to other business units in the company
- Collaborate cross-zone & cross-squad to ensure e-commerce function is appraised of & communicating changes that impact other functions & application in the organization
- Collaborate with cross-zone & cross-squad to resolve issues that require attention from other teams
SUCCESSFUL ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF E-COMMERCE OPERATIONS CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Innovative & Entrepreneurial Expected to think beyond current industry models & systems functionality
- Results & Execution Orientated High energy, results-driven, determined, flexible, with a disciplined work ethic. Measures & tracks business results & best practices
- Proactive Communication Champions a climate of systematic open communication & participation across the team
- Organizational Buy-In Develops well-aligned strategies/solutions that win commitment for key decisions, while fighting for the customer at each step
- Bachelors degree in business, technology or systems management discipline or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of increasing responsibility in a technology, program, project management, business analysis or e-commerce role
- Prior experience in program, product, project or delivery management in an Agile or Scrum environment preferred
- Expert-level understanding of ticketing/PMiS systems like JIRA, Pivotal, & Asana
- Experience managing a departmental budget & meeting financial KPIs
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.