Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, & Glossier, & are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Total Rewards Manager (TRM) is a crucial member of the Human Operations Team at The Farmers Dog & is instrumental in implementing competitive & equitable compensation structures, maintaining & improving the company stock program, & crafting company benefit plans.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a desire to own & develop a function that has a deep impact across the company to attract, retain, & build top-tier talent.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Human Operations, the TRM will have significant cross-functional exposure with finance, legal, & C-Suite executives as well as all department leads.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Own the compensation function by building & maintaining career architectures, job banding, & pathing consistent with market practices.
- Assist in the implementation of programs & systems from the ground up (401k, HRIS, etc).
- Work collaboratively across the Humans & Finance teams to run our stock program.
- Lead, evaluate, & coordinate all incentive plans, including benefits open enrollment, & ongoing new employee benefits enrollment.
- Continuously evaluate the efficiency of our rewards programs to verify they are aligned with our business & talent strategies & assess market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 8+ years of experience working with HR processes & policies for a multi-state employer.
- You have progressive compensation experience.
- You have demonstrable experience with benefits administration & related HRIS and/or ERP systems, as well as stock-related software.
- You are highly skilled in Excel/Google Sheets & PowerPoint/Google Slides.
- You like digging into the numbers & enjoy capturing & interpreting data to advise your decisions.
- You are meticulously organized, with a fine attention to detail, & a skillful communications approach at all levels.
- You believe "problems are treasures" & are open to innovative ways to solving problems from first principles.
- You are constantly seeking better in all processes.
- Experience in a hyper-growth startup, a plus.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- A Slack channel with an endless scroll of cute doggos