Hi, were Oscar. Were hiring an Audit Manager to join our Compliance Team in our New York, NY office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Compliance Team supports Oscar in demonstrably adhering to all rules applicable to its health insurance business. Being a member of the Compliance Team requires that you balance enforcement with support. The Audit team (within the Compliance team) is responsible for validating whether designated business areas are in compliance with all federal, state, & other applicable requirements
As a Manager on the Audit team, you will be responsible for ensuring that a variety of business areas are audited. Your work will have a direct impact on the success of Oscar as we grow our membership & expand into new markets, always with a sharp focus on compliance across all processes & functions.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Compliance.
- Develop & maintain a depth of expertise on health insurance operations & applicable legal, regulatory, subregulatory, & contractual requirements.
- Direct the execution of Oscars internal audit roadmap for 2020.
- Continue to set Oscars internal audit schedule annually, through collaboration with Compliance & other business areas via Oscars annual risk assessment.
- Supervise team members towards execution of audit plans.
- Develop junior staff members professionally by ensuring that audit fieldwork is conducted appropriately.
- Ensure that documentation meets high quality standards by reviewing, editing, & finalizing audit reports.
- Partner with stakeholders to resolve preliminary audit findings.
- Communicate final findings to stakeholders & leadership.
- Surface high-level risks & organizational gaps to leadership.
- 4-5 years of operational audit experience.
- You have experience managing small teams of contributors with different levels of experience.
- You are able to manage project plans & distribute work in a dynamic environment.
- You are collaborative & able to balance & prioritize cross-functional requirements; youre a strong team player & open to giving/receiving constructive feedback.
- You are a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts & regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items.
- You have acute attention to detail & always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You enjoy the problem-solving process & deriving structure & clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs.
- You operate with integrity & the highest ethical standards; you inspire others to be accountable.
- You are proficient with Microsoft & Google applications.
- College degree.
- Experience working for a Big Four firm or health insurer.
- Experience working for a state or federal regulatory body.
- CHC, CHA, or other Compliance or Audit certifications.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.