Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single persons daily commute to reducing humanitys collective environmental footprint weve got huge goals.
As a UX Writer at Via, you will be responsible for defining & establishing the UX writing guidelines for our market-leading product, as well as creating compelling, concise & user-centric copy for our products. You will work closely with Product Managers & Designers to ensure that all written content is consistent & effective. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in a mission-driven environment, & to contribute to an accessible experience for all of our users.
What You'll Do:
- Establish the voice of Vias products & set Vias UX writing guidelines that will be implemented across all of our products.
- Write clear, concise product copy for new products & features, initiating these projects to review, while also improving all existing copy in the product.
- Work closely with designers & product managers to define the workflow of UX writing, & then incorporate UX writing to the product creation cycle.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to improve the holistic CX (customer experience) UX writing.
- Research who our users are & how/why theyre using our products in order to inform your UX writing (transit agencies, city managers, riders, drivers & developers).
- Measure the impact of your UX writing & make decisions using AB tests & other data-driven approaches to impact analysis.
Who You Are:
- Confident & proactive: you can integrate your craft into a product development process that hasnt historically included dedicated UX writing.
- User-centric: As a UX writer you need to have a good understanding of user-centered design principles & how to apply them in their writing.
- Collaborative: you understand that great UX writing depends on collaboration with designers, product managers, & other stakeholders.
- Savvy & tactful in communication: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation & feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- You have 6+ years experience working hands-on with UX.
- You have work experience at a high-growth startup, established tech company or consulting agency.
- You have a Bachelors degree - a Masters degree is a plus.
- You have creative pursuits - an independent blog, published work, or written research are all pluses.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidates experience, knowledge, & skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $115,000 - $160,000 per year
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive & authentic workplace. If youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?