Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Manager of Transportation to join our Global Logistics team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will create & execute strategies that move Aways products inbound from manufacture to our global warehouse network & last mile to our retail stores. Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will have had experience in international & domestic freight transportation. You will report to the Senior Manager, Transportation based in our New York City office [remote, for now!]
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Create & continuously iterate on strategies for transportation of product to Aways Distribution Centers & retail stores
- Manage relationships with transportation providers & brokers to maintain & grow a comprehensive & efficient ocean & freight transportation network, both domestically & cross border
- Create, monitor & maintain KPI reporting to monitor cost & service levels & identify areas of continuous improvement
- Scope & launch new providers or additional service offerings with current providers
- Negotiate rates & evaluate providers to ensure cost-effective decisions are being made pertaining to the transportation of Aways product
- Implement transportation strategies in collaboration with supply chain partners, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance & operational efficiency
- Work with key internal & external partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, & sustainability - all while ensuring an amazing experience for our customers.
Who you are:
- 5 years professional experience in transportation or freight operations roles that are both strategic & executional
- An exceptional written/oral communicator with demonstrated experience in partner management & cost management
- Excellent project management & organizational skills
- Critical thinking & analytical skills
- Thrives in a very fast-paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking & prioritization
- Experience with ERP like Microsoft Dynamics & TMS tools is a plus, but not required
- Proven leadership & people management skills & a passion for developing talent
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.