Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
DigitalOcean has one of the worlds largest communities that supports the developer experience & education, & amazing content is contributed every single day. Our members engage with thousands of tutorials, guides, Q&A & other forms of content that make up the DigitalOcean experience. DigitalOceans community site inspires & empowers millions of people across the globe each month, & we are seeking a motivated, data-driven & results-oriented self-starter who is passionate about UX & UI research.
This person will be an advocate for our users in creating a high-quality platform experience that improves the overall Community site for its visitors & learners. To succeed, our Community site & related content & features must provide value to users whether theyre currently reading, discovering, inactive or just starting with the service. Its a big challenge, & the role comes with an incredible opportunity for impact. In this critical role, partnering with other teams, you will help define the different Community site personas & user segments, establish key product & content strategies to meet users needs, & implement product/feature feedback loops & processes to improve our user experience.
What youll be doing:
- Lead critical research efforts & conduct complex multi-phase, mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the Community user experience & drive product strategy
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to marketing leads, product managers, content teams, designers, & engineers to define both the long-term strategy & the short-term tactics for our Community by grounding these decisions in user needs & insights
- Prioritize research needs & approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, & scope at the right time & ensure impact by delivering actionable insights to the appropriate audience
- Partner closely with other researchers to integrate Community research with broader DigitalOcean understanding & help support company-wide research initiatives & documentation
- Source & manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team
- Disseminate research insights to evolve & enhance our understanding of user needs & identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs
What Well Expect From You:
- Hands-on proven experience in conducting complex research at scale utilizing research best practices & a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, & diary studies.
- Research experience with digital products; with a plus if your work includes developer-focused, content libraries, online communities, B2B or enterprise products
- Experience sourcing, recruiting users, & executing studies & research sessions from start to finish
- Excellent execution skills in a fast-paced, high growth product development process & knowledge of how to integrate research into product & design roadmaps
- Excellent communication, analysis, & storytelling skills (written & verbal)
- Relentless focus on users & solving for their needs & wants. You put users first & have experience driving impact from user insights.
- You can transition seamlessly between strategic level planning & detail-oriented execution
- Experience juggling multiple projects You can easily manage multiple projects at once & are able to work in a fast-paced, autonomous role
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!