Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
We are seeking an experienced Senior HR Manager or Director to support the ever growing team at HomeLight, especially in our Arizona office. You are a true HR pro who enjoys problem solving, crafting delightful employee experiences & creating cutting edge people operation programs. The well-being of our team is one of your top priorities. You will continually monitor employee sentiment, spotting issues before they become problems & proactively suggesting ways to help everyone reach their full potential.
This role reports directly to the Head of Talent & HR based in San Francisco.
What Youll Do Here
You will do anything & everything you can to support our team, including the following:
- You leverage all essential HR procedures & practicesfrom employment law to complianceto build a best-in-class People Operations practice
- You love staying abreast of the latest industry updates, & your insatiable desire to hone your craft leads you to continually seeking out best practices from your peers
- You will ensure compliance with applicable labor & employment laws & regulations by accurately compiling & submitting data for mandated reporting at the federal, state, & local levels
- You will assist with driving company-wide initiatives that increase employee satisfaction & productivity
- You will maintain the employee handbook & recommend new approaches, policies & procedures
- Ensuring data integrity by way of driving best practices through systems/tools, processes, auditing, & internal tracking
- Assist with creating a comprehensive compensation & leveling strategy, & manage our existing benefits, retention & reward strategies
- A Bachelor's degree and/or Masters in a relevant field & appropriate HR certifications
- A minimum of 8+ years experience operating as a generalist through the scaling phase of a startup
- You're still comfortable being a "hands-on" manager
- You are extremely familiar with HRIS systems & have worked closely with payroll teams in the past
- You are an expert in coaching & mentoring across the full spectrum of seniority
- You can switch between the strategic & tactical mindset, depending on the context & what is required of you
- You will thrive in high-volume, fast-paced & feedback-driven environments
- You're highly self-motivated, well organized, have a stellar work ethic, & you're looking for the right company to support you in your growth