WHO ARE WE?
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics & Fulfillment team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan & millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from factory / manufacturer to our warehouse network, & then to our end customers by all the necessary means possible (TEU, LCL, small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics & relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! We like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly & don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs. We are looking for a Logistics Analyst who can support our fulfillment reporting & analytics needs by leveraging our existing data & enterprise BI tool, Periscope, to surface user-friendly views of our warehousing & shipping data. This role will be a SQL Authority & Reporting Wizard. You love charts, graphs, & data warehouses as much we all love our dogs. By extracting data & working with it, this person will be able to identify trends & areas for improvement within our fulfillment & shipping networks. Tools you build will help us audit invoices & hold our vendors accountable. Ultimately, were seeking someone who can dig into the numbers with minimal direction & help keep us on track from an operational & finance perspective. Simply put, this person will help our supply chain appropriately negotiate the line between low-cost service & customer-centric results.
Call attention to areas for improvement within our Distribution Network by:
- Creating performance dashboards to tell the story of how were doing, as a team, to the entire business
- Auditing the accuracy of all vendor bills against rate charts / historic trends & flagging discrepancies
- Cleaning up existing data
- Using small parcel carrier data to evaluate shipping performance from warehouse to customer delivery
- Forecasting expected spends across various business channels & tracking actuals against forecasts
- Digging into all available information in the BarkBox data warehouse in order to discover meaningful metrics & create sustainable reporting
- Creating Monthly Reports for use in Barks month-end financial close process
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis on various Distribution-related topics (geographic customer penetration, carrier RFPs, undeliverable packages, warehouse turnaround time, location-based cost-benefit analysis, etc.)
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong SQL & data analysis experience is a must; ability to access & extract data from a data warehouse (Redshift)
- Experience working in BI tools like Periscope, Tableau, etc. creating dashboards & performance reporting
- Comfort with business concepts like: Finance Forecasting, Invoice Auditing, Cost Allocation (from raw invoices), Inventory Transaction Reporting, Quick / Accurate Modeling
- Strong Excel background; strong use of Lookups & Indexes (across multiple resources), Pivot Tables & easily digested summaries
- Experience in tracking billing & metrics of small parcel shipments (zones, rates, surcharges, delivery performance, etc.) a plus
- Ability to quickly read, understand, & model financial & / or performance scenarios for 3rd party service agreements / contracts (transportation & fulfillment)
- You love dogs so much that some people think you have a problem
- Nice to have: Past experience in Python Script & statistical analyses (Regression analysis, modeling)
This is a full-time salaried position. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.