Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our Atlanta-based engineering team.
If youre ready to guide technical decision-making & work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you. Our core product includes several web apps built in Ruby on Rails, an iOS app written in Swift/Objective C, & an Android app written in Kotlin/Java.
We value sustainable engineering practices: we work together using pair programming, test-driven development, & constant collaboration. As a key member of our engineering team, you will help design, build, & maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. You should be motivated to learn new technologies & ready to drive technical work.
- Make a positive impact on the health outcomes & happiness of participants
- Build the platform & tools that will enable our health coaches to deliver meaningful, relevant interventions to their participants
- Solve big problems in delivering digital health care: building customized interventions, making data actionable for users, & enabling our platform to scale to more people & conditions
- Improve the operations behind Omadas behavior-change program
- Drive engineering efforts & partner with product owners
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair-programming environment
- Train & collaborate with new engineers in how to write great code & solve problems effectively
- Grow & develop in your own career
- Research & adopt new technologies
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience building consumer web applications, B2B services, and/or internal services in a team setting
- The ability to mentor & help the group act as a team
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on & the codebases you maintain
- Solid skills with Ruby on Rails or deep experience with other web application frameworks
- Database experience we use PostgreSQL
- Strong object-oriented design skills & an understanding of design patterns
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, & a desire to influence the things we build
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Amazon SQS/SNS
- Experience working with Apache Kafka
- Experience developing in a service-oriented and/or event-driven architecture
- Familiarity with containers & orchestration technologies such as Docker & Nomad
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails were currently at version 5.2, with plans to upgrade to Rails 6 soon
- AWS infrastructure
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, & connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- Healthy snacks & meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- 401k retirement savings plan
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Weve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, & obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, & design to inspire & enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Companys 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World, our team includes passionate & talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco & Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente & Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.