Manager, PET LatAm
About the Team
The VaynerMedia People & Experience Team (P.E.T.) partners with leaders & our people to help them fulfill their potential & realize transformational outcomes for our clients. We share accountability for not only people initiatives, but also the success of the organization we support. Each of us has a broad background in many areas of HR, & we are experts in addressing a wide variety of employee, management, & organizational challenges. PET represents Vaynermedia values & culture, both within the agency & externally.
The Task at Hand
Be prepared for one of the most meaningful & purposeful career experiences you can have. You will be tasked with delivering core HR services & taking a true partnership approach to your work, consistently bridging department needs with that of the broader company. You will provide objective advice regarding complex issues & coach managers on best practices including talent acquisition & retention, professional development, performance management, culture, & career development.
- Relationships: Cultivate & nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders, other internal teams, & most importantly within P.E.T. to become a trusted advisor.
- Operations: Measure & monitor existing programs & experiences. Partner with the rest of the team in addition to external specialists to execute global strategic initiatives & priorities within the organization. This may include performance management, leadership development & 360 reviews, compensation & benefits planning, policy development & compliance, payroll, & terminations. While you will have operational support, you are someone who will roll their sleeves up & dive into the most mundane of tasks!
- Strategy: Partner with leaders, managers & individuals to identify broad, chronic organizational challenges or opportunities. Craft & implement strategies to address everything from workforce planning & compensation budgets, to talent management & succession planning, reward & engagement strategies to performance management, & staffing strategies & organizational design. You will be the connector across other functions creating a seamless experience across the employee lifecycle.
- Talent Acquisition: Own the full-cycle recruitment process from initial screening to hire, ensuring a positive candidate experience. You know where & how to look for exceptional talent & provide an excellent candidate experience. Work with Greenhouse to create customizations & set up actionable reports
- Coach, Inspire, Mediate: Create sustained solutions to manager, team, & individual challenges through a variety of coaching & mediation techniques. Ability to design & implement innovative & engaging programs to drive the evolution of the functions you support. This may include individual coaching for leaders on best practices to improve their people management skills, career & job coaching, & navigating conflict within teams.
- Emergency Response: Generally speaking, our role is to be proactive. We strive to anticipate issues before they arise, & to create short & long-term plans for our organization. But stuff happens We really dont like emergencies, but when they happen you should know how to handle them quickly, discreetly, & with grace. You leverage your deep knowledge of employment law, compliance & best practices to mitigate risks to individual employees & VM.
This is anything but your standard HR Business Partner role. This role is about human to human connection. Youll be the leader & guardian of our most prized assets: people. From performance & productivity, recruiting to culture, a lot of very important things will rest on your shoulders. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in a strategic HR Business Partner role.
Your knowledge & experience is both broad & deep from employment law & best practices to talent management. Exposure to design of performance management and/or compensation philosophies & approaches welcomed. A minimum of 5 years total work experience with at least 3 years of prior HR experience.
Fine Print: Must be proficient in the use of business software (Excel, KeyPowerPoint, G Suite etc.) Familiarity with ADP, Greenhouse & other HR reporting tools is a plus. Prior experience in professional services or technology/creative environment is a plus.
What leads to success in this role:
- Lead heart first, care deeply about both people & outcomes
- Put your relationships at the forefront of everything you do
- Have a strong interest & ability in HR analytics & leveraging data to inform decisions
- Genuine belief in bringing your full self to what you do everyday, see work as a calling & a passion
- Have the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Are comfortable facilitating executives, coming to the table with a point of view & simultaneously advocating & advising more junior talent
- Are a creative self-starter who prides themselves on their grit & resourcefulness
- Exercise sound judgment & discretion
- Loves dad jokes
- Are a team player with positive attitude & strong interpersonal skills
- Are detail oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization & multitasking skills
- Are an analytical problem solver with experience & proven accomplishments in a global highly matrixed org
- Are adept & comfortable managing through frequent change, & are a ninja in your stakeholder management
- Have a desire to take ownership & accountability for work & manage projects through execution
- Strong people manager, adaptive approach to coaching & growing your direct reports, desire to understand their drivers & reward/recognize in line with their motivators
If youre interested in joining the team, please send us your resume & cover letter. Let us know how you will take us to the next level. VaynerMedia & the People & Experience Team value individuality & variety, so use your judgement & write in your own voice. If you practice a craft, curate a blog, or have an interesting side hustle, wed love to hear about it.