Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is for a Cybersecurity Analyst in the Applied Cryptography team who will assist in implementation, maintenance, documenting & support of Visa's Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) & implemented key management systems & Host Security Modules (HSM) support.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) practices, policies & procedures;
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) core elements such as Certificate Authorities, Registration Authority, CRLs, CDPs, & Certificate elements
- Experience working on Level 1 support of PKI systems & services.
- Good understanding of protocols like TLS, TCP/IP, OCSP, SCEP, LDAP
- Good analytical & troubleshooting skills on all platforms & tools supported.
- Have a global mindset & collaborate effectively within & across teams in different part of the global landscape
- Security + & other comparative information security certifications are preferred, that show an understanding of information security principles.
- IT infrastructure knowledge including operating systems, applications, communications, & network protocols.
- Have a familiarization with Industry standards as applied to asymmetric & symmetric key usage.
- Good knowledge in a technical skill set that supports one of the Applied Cryptography's core services data encryption, PKI, HSM & Key management.
- Verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail & interpersonal skills along with the ability to present complex security subjects to internal work groups & projects.
- Strong ability to work independently & manage one's time with minimal direction from supervisor
- The ability to work effectively with other functional areas & understand the operational & cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Must be flexible & able to manage multiple tasks & priorities on very tight deadlines.
- Be a self-motivated & results oriented individual with an attention to driving aggressive project timelines & schedules.
- Ability to work independently & in collaboration with others to achieve a high level of success.
- Sound interpersonal & collaboration skills with the ability to develop, maintain & foster constructive relationships with others.
- Assist in the maintenance & support all Enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) technology, including PrimeKey, EJBCA, Venafi & Microsoft Certificate Services
- Administer the PKI certificate lifecycle for various solutions
- Work with senior members to evaluate upgrades & new products & technologies for the enterprise PKI infrastructure
- Provide End user certificate support for certificates
- Maintain a key service of PKI systems
- Support certificate request, escalating to senior members as needed
- Maintain, support, & troubleshoot PKI systems
- Propose & implement improvements to PKI in accordance with standard procedures & change control policies & procedures
- Participate in projects to deploy new PKI applications & services
- Implement changes to the PKI infrastructure in accordance with standard procedures & change control policies & procedures
- Proactively identify & recommend process improvement to reduce risk & improve operational efficiency
- Document design, installation & operations & maintenance guides
- Support Visa end-to-end symmetric key management
- Support HSM management support requests as per pre-defined sets of procedure & within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA), resolve problem tickets & assist other staff members as needed
- Monitor & troubleshoot PKI services for problem & failures, providing support & resolutions.
- Support Data Encryption Deployments & Applied Cryptography
- Complete certificate requests as per pre-defined sets of procedure & within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA), resolve problem tickets & assist other staff members as needed
- Maintain security certifications
- Maintain technical certifications
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- Flexibility to work after hours & weekends (Will be part of an on-call rotation)
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.