Website Content Data team's mission is to provide a reliable platform for the our customers to manage & search their content. We build Java-based, low latency, & high throughput distributed content management systems at scale. We maintain the core data structure that represents any Squarespace website.
Your daily contributions will have an impact on millions of customers & users that visit Squarespace websites every year. We firmly believe that design is not merely "how it looks" but "how it works." With this in mind, our backend engineers work on product features that create the most seamless, integrated products possible. As a team lead, you will manage a team of 3-5 engineers. This role will report into the Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll get to...
- Write server-side code, create high-volume production applications, & develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop new features into the Squarespace platform, building backend services with Java
- Collaborate with other engineers & designers to provide customer-focused experiences.
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Squarespace users & businesses powered by Squarespace.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, readable code).
- Contribute to team & company standards.
- Mentor junior team members.
Who we're looking for...
- Development experience in Java or another Object-oriented language.
- Experience developing large-scale software.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices.
- A sincere commitment to creating readable code.
- Understanding of database schema design, caching & scalability.
- BS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.