ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm marketing team is a small group of fast-moving, data-driven & creative thinkers who nurture & grow theSkimm brand & community, while driving audience growth & engagement across all platforms. The Marketing team is focused on elevating our brand & fueling growth through mission & marketing partnerships, tentpole campaigns & brand moments.
The Marketing Copywriter Associate is focused on bringing theSkimms marketing voice to life, working on priority campaigns, products & partnerships, in close partnership with key teams across the organization, & will report to the Senior. Manager of Brand, Campaigns & Partnerships. In 2021, were gearing up to continue making an impact for millenial women & enabling them to live their smartest lives. We need a partner who will be responsible for supporting the development & implementation of copy that will bring our brand partnerships, mission moments, campaigns & strategic initiatives to life. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with brand, marketing & copywriting experience, be equal parts strategic & creative, be proactive & meticulously organized, & be willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
The Marketing Copywriter will serve as a collaborator & partner to the Marketing team, as well as teams across theSkimm including Communications, Content, Sales, Business Development, Design, Strategy, Data, Product & more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Help inform & document theSkimms marketing voice
- Craft strategic messaging, value propositions & collaborate on campaign assets based on target audience & business goals marrying thoughtful insights + campaign intent
- Content development:
- Partner with the Product team to accurately incorporate product capabilities & updates into external-facing content;
- Create & edit ad copy across acquisition & retention channels. Collaborate with channel partners & the editorial team to ensure copy is within brands voice;
- Support Brand, Growth & Partnerships copy needs, inclusive of ads, internal & external decks, briefs & more
- Execute the marketing communications process:
- Master language documents for campaigns
- Writing guidelines to train, outsource, or manage external writers, as needed
- Integration with the creative process
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Professional communications, editorial or writing experience required (and writing samples)
- A great writer & communicator with demonstrated experience creating engaging content
- Strong project management skills with experience executing marketing campaigns
- Exceptional organizational & time management skills
- Ability to collaborate & work cross-functionally, specifically with product, design & editorial teams
- Passion for theSkimm's mission, brand, & products
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.