BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, digital executive with a passion for media & content-driven advertising to lead our UK business. As Commercial Director, you will be responsible for the health of BuzzFeeds UK business & lead efforts to further monetize the BuzzFeed UK & HuffPost UK sites, brands, properties & audience that our team of editors has grown significantly.
As the most senior person in the UK Business Operations, you will define the vision for the direct sold advertising business, & develop a plan to execute upon that vision, which will include growing our advertising business & developing new revenue streams through partnerships. In addition to managing the Sales & Account Management Team achieving revenue targets, you will work closely with our Business Strategy, Content & Distribution teams to ensure that programs are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. You should have a track record of success & an entrepreneurial leaning that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our business.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop near- & long-term strategy for UK market to achieve revenue goals
- Lead the UK Business team & partner closely with the UK Content team (including HuffPost) in order to deliver on revenue strategy
- Introduce our brands, reach, & product suite to clients & agencies in UK through meetings, speaking opportunities, & written materials
- Reach & exceed country level revenue goals
- Develop Senior-level relationships with clients, agencies, platforms, & partners
- Provide feedback to our product teams about in-market needs
- Understand the UK competitive landscape & identify opportunities that translate to revenue growth
- Collaborate with our UK Content team to introduce sponsorship opportunities around launches, etc.
- Represent BuzzFeed UKs suite of brands to the business community
- Identify & understand trends within social media
- Analyze data & use it to effectively advocate for investments to grow our UK business
- Extensive experience working in digital sales & managing sales teams
- Experience at a leading publisher, social media platform or digital player in the United Kingdom
- A proven track record of success driving revenue
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills, & an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- A data- & results-led approach to your business
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A deep knowledge of the social platforms & the latest social ad products
- A passion for social advertising & new media
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- The ability to work in a fast-moving company & industry
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.