We are looking for a passionate, energetic, detail-oriented person with a solid understanding of how to bring out the best in a corporate culture to drive our Internal Events program. This is a senior role, responsible for strategizing, planning, budgeting, & executing all internal events under the direction of The Head of Real Estate & Workplace. The role will work with both internal clients & outside vendors to flawlessly strategize & execute all of our internal events & ensure executive & team expectations are met. This role will coordinate closely with the Internal Comms team, the People Ops team, & our Marketing team to ensure that our internal events are brand focused & drive our culture forward.
What youll achieve
- Manage the lifecycle of all all-company events from start to finish, including: sourcing venues, caterers, & production vendors
- Create an event strategy that will enhance & deepen the best of our corporate culture
- Manage event logistics for company-wide celebrations & programming to strengthen Asana culture
- Collaborate with internal partners to create & manage fun, company-wide, events for both local & global locations
- Accurately forecast needs & manage global event budgets for materials, catering, venues, & other event production needs
- Maintain accuracy & accountability of event budget, manage final billing & reconciliation, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, & generate learnings for improvements
- Create & manage annual budget for the Internal Events department
- Manage all internal & planning communication create clear guidelines for remote location partners on how to facilitate company-focused events & own communications around planning
- Develop & execute integrated plan & logistics for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management & post event follow up.
- Work with internal teams (Workplace, Catering, Onboarding) to create seamless planning & implementation for all events understand space & support needs both in advance of & during the event & communicate needs clearly with all internal partners
- Manage outside vendors & supervise all vendor partners while onsite
- Negotiate contracts & manage suppliers, off-site venues, caterers & others
- Develop a playbook for executing events that can be used by onsite staff & internal teams
- Own the internal event Big Calendar. Manage event flow & work with internal support teams to create seamless flow of events
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong ability to adapt to changing environments & prioritizing tasks
- Proven experience in effective communications & relationship management
- Resourceful & can find a way to make things happen
- Flexible & quick approach to event challenges
- 7-9 years of relevant work experience in events management
- Excellent customer service & problem-solving skills
- Experience in creating & implementing timelines
- Excellent communication skills with internal & external partners
- Ability to prioritize & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage & supervise external partners onsite & work with internal teams to plan & facilitate events
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.