Director of Product, Ad Product
Verve was there at the beginning of the mobile revolution our apps were showcased by Steve Jobs at the initial App Store roll-out & continues its leadership through building next generation of location enabled mobile advertising experiences. Were searching for an accomplished product leader to own our suite of ad products serving the brand & agency world. As a product director, youll lead development of ad products across all screens & formats. Mobile expertise is assumed, as Verve is a long-standing leader in mobile, but you also have experience in video to support our aggressive growth in OTT & CTV.
The product director will be a key partner with direct & programmatic sales teams, representing the Verve product team with customers to better recognize their mobile marketing needs. At the same time, the director should understand the mechanics of ad tech, particularly with regard to display & video, to enable a deep collaboration with the engineering & data science teams. Reporting to the chief product officer, this position is based in our New York office & involves up to 10% travel, mainly periodic trips to our San Diego & Washington DC area offices to collaborate with other team members & to customer locations.
- Serve as the product owner for Verves display & video ad products, as well as platform ad building tools.
- Serve as key liaison with ad sales on ad product related issues, including consulting on RFP responses, attending sales calls & QBRs, training sales reps on new products, & attending internal sales events.
- Assist in developing Verves ad product strategy across new screens & formats, including digital out of home, CTV/OTT, IoT, etc.
- Continually scan market for potential development partners for Verves ad products & manage day-to-day relationships with vendors.
- Manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with stakeholders including the senior leadership team, & organize monthly product reviews.
- Develop innovative ad product concepts & partner with in-house agency & engineering teams to rapidly prototype ideas.
- Create a full range of product management artifacts such as user stories & requirements docs. Partner with product marketing to execute product releases & launches.
- Work with CPO & other senior product leaders to evolve Verve product organization & processes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Entrepreneurs attitude towards product management, with start-up experience preferred.
- 5+ years working with display & video ad products in an ad tech, publisher, or ad agency environment. Strong plus for mobile device background.
- 3+ years as a product manager shipping successful ad/martech products, with experience in Agile/lean environments. Plus for SaaS experience.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of digital video ad technologies, formats, & terminology, such as OTT, CTV, VAST, & VPAID.
- Deep understanding of the ad tech ecosystem you should be able to narrate a tour of the LUMAscape.
- Good customer-facing skills & ability to positively contribute in sales calls.
- Bachelors degree required, with advanced degree in business, engineering or science preferred.
- Enough technical aptitude to be able to speak the language of engineers & data scientists when it comes to discuss architecture & technical approaches.