At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
As part of the Compute team, you will be responsible for developing core parts of our compute architecture to ensure that our autonomous vehicles execute their software in a safe, efficient, & robust way. Members of the compute team work on a variety of challenging tasks ranging from architecture design, hands-on verification & benchmarking of deployed systems in our vehicles. For this position we are seeking a HPC engineer with strong experience in putting together compute & networking systems, & at least some experience in designing compute systems for deep learning algorithms. Part of the role is long-term vision thinking, & part is delivering working hardware now.
- Work closely with the software & hardware teams to architect autonomous vehicle computing systems that meet safety & performance goals
- Drive large programs forward by facilitating conversations with vendors, suppliers, & coworkers
- Lead benchmarking efforts to identify bottlenecks in computing performance
- Stay current with latest HPC industry developments & put cutting edge research into use as practical designs
- Education in EE, CS, CE, Physics, or similar
- Software development or scripting in C/C++, Matlab, or Python
- Understanding of the Linux operating system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, good communication & collaboration skills
- A record of successful engineering project ownership
- Knowledge of robotics and/or automotive inference requirements
- Deep learning coding experience using TensorFlow or any other framework
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.