Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking a data-driven, strategic Senior Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for driving growth strategies across integrated marketing functions from advertising to website to the Mailchimp app. This will include developing a deep understanding of the customer journey for Mailchimp customers & prospects, as well as a deep understanding of products & technology, the overall market, key vertical markets & segments, & the competition.
This role will drive the strategy for positioning Mailchimps products in the marketplace to drive conversion. This role will help to define competitive positioning through a product marketing lens, & both develop & execute messaging, marketing mix & merchandising strategies. You will work closely with all other marketing functions & product management to accurately position Mailchimp solutions in the marketplace & define go-to-market strategies that will accelerate growth globally.
What youll do:
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, the market, vertical markets & the competition across all the regions in which Mailchimp does business
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps & opportunities
- Work with the product management team to uncover new markets & use cases, define new offers & influence roadmap decisions
- Define segmentation, use cases/scenarios, & buyer personas
- Build positioning, targeting, pricing, & messaging for relevant segments & audiences
- Define clear & compelling customer pain points, value propositions, competitive differentiation, & customer success stories
- Create new product introduction strategies & go-to-market plans
- Partner with the Content Team to support all of the above including webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, & more
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, & testing
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience in B2SMB or B2C product marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- Proven ability to create go-to-market positioning & strategies & to create & position unique solutions for different customers
- Proven track record of shaping product roadmaps & user experiences through deep consumer understanding, actionable insights & sound recommendations
- Proven experience creating compelling messaging for different segments & personas
- Proven experience in merchandising across channels
- Background in operational excellence (Six Sigma, Lean Process)
- Ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, & tools around technology products & services for both business & technical buyers
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Technically savvy & intellectually curious about new technologies & how they work to enable new customer solutions
- Avid learner who has experience learning new markets & industries & devising solutions & marketing strategies to reach those markets
- Strong teaming skills & experience to bring together diverse views
- Ability to communicate & collaborate effectively
- Strong creative, problem solving, & strategic thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize work to drive results on-time & with high quality
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, & quantitative skills
- Experience leading & managing teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.