Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Single Case Agreement Contracting Representative to join our Contracting Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The Contracting Operations team ensures Oscar members have adequate & affordable access to the healthcare services they need, even if that means going out-of-network (OON). We execute Single Case Agreements (SCAs) on an ad-hoc basis so that members can receive out-of-network care at an in-network cost. SCAs also protect our members from getting billed for emergent OON care, or from playing the reimbursement middle-man between Oscar & providers.
As a Contracting Specialist, you will help ensure that SCA contracts are executed quickly & carefully. You will compile & price contracts for our members to receive care from out-of-network providers, reach out & follow up to get these contracts signed, & input terms of the signed contract to our claims team so that providers are paid properly.
You will report into the Associate Operations Manager, Contracting Operations.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the contract drafting & execution processes
- Contribute to the reduction of the daily SCA Contracting inventory
- Become an in-house expert on SCA contracting processes
- Ensure that all SCA contracts are turned around within required timelines
- Contribute to team-wide goals to improve the SCA Contracting team outcomes
- Associate's degree in Business, Finance, Health Care Administration or at least 2 years equivalent work experience in a related field
- Experience in critical & analytical thinking skills
- JIRA workflows exposure
- Experience negotiating contracts, specifically with ancillaries, facilities, specialty providers, & physician groups
- Working knowledge of physician, hospital, & other provider contracts & reimbursement mechanisms
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.