Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the worlds leading retailers & brands to extend their retail & ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, & with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands & suppliers connect to customers & meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, & were looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
We are looking for a leader to run all aspects of our Platform Engineering organization. Platform Engineering is responsible for the various service oriented teams that support product engineering teams rapidly building new features & capabilities. At CommerceHub, Platform Engineering has responsibility for groups like Engineering Success which builds all the internal tooling & infrastructure for our engineering teams, Cloud Services which ensures that the all the vital abstractions exist to build new products rapidly in the cloud as well as core services like search & database infrastructure, Authentication services as well as shared APIs & UI component libraries.
This is a high visibility team looking to help support the high paced growth of over 20 autonomous engineering squads. If you have a passion for leading a set of teams responsible for building scalable, resilient infrastructure in the cloud that enables the engineering organization to do their best work every day, then this is the perfect role for you.
- Lead the various platform engineering teams owning core platform services powering the infrastructure at CommerceHub
- Ensure that your teams are accountable for building secure, performant & fault tolerant automated infrastructure services that power the platform
- Design & the build the SLO, SLA & Incident Management processes ensuring that Engineering has a high bar of operational success as well as leading critical initiatives like DR & multi-regional cloud architectures
- Be able to hire, retain & recruit engineers, particularly in the SRE space, to help the organization achieve its staffing & infrastructure goals
- Ensure that teams have maximum insight into how their products perform with minimal friction through automation & great observability tools
- Experience leading managers in platform engineering & SRE disciplines
- A previous senior IC who has the technical depth to plot a strategic roadmap, has strong technical vision & sound principles through experience in the cloud & infrastructure space
- The ability to work closely with other engineering leaders in the organization to make sure your teams are continuing to help remove friction & increase visibility, performance, security & automation for those teams & the infrastructure they rely on
What its like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth & transformation & were doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a clich. Weve built balance into our culture & its at the core of everything we dohow we collaborate & make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard & respect both personal & professional boundaries, knowing that were at our best when were intentional about how & where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work & an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental & vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary & company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, & a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture & supplies
- Culture & team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants & teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.