Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous mastersGordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
MasterClass is looking for a talented & motivated Video Assistant Editor to help create amazing classes. The right candidate will be passionate about the craft of building exceptional online education & entertainment experiences & will thrive in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience in Adobe Premiere CC & Media Encoder
- Experience editing, including but not limited to: documentaries, short-form, narrative & music videos (commercial work is a plus)
- A good sense of story & rhythm
- Experience with color grading & editing to music/ audio
- Experience with delivery/preparation of files for color correction & post-production sound
- The ability to manage multiple assignments & keep up communication on projects
- Extreme attention to detail
- Organizational skills, conforming to & maintaining best practices for saving files & information
- A passion for learning more about the craft of creating master classes & an eagerness to achieve/grow within the editorial function
- Bonus: Proficient in After Effects CC, Photoshop CC
Responsibilities of the role:
- Log & transfer media from all shoots
- Prep turnovers for sound, color, & VFX
- Conform sequences for final delivery
- Export, Upload, & QC all class content
- Help maintain server structure & organization
- Optimize editing & finishing processes
- Troubleshoot problems throughout the post-production workflow
- 2+ years as an editor in a professional post-production (Adobe) environment
- Working proficiency in Adobe Premiere CC (After Effects/Photoshop a plus)
- Demonstrated extreme attention to detail & outstanding quality control skills
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to multitask
- The ability & willingness to pick up new skills & carry out post-production assignments (nothing too large or small)
- Availability to work full-time hours in our SF or LA office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.