Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
As an Underwriter you are someone from a large casualty insurer, or broker that has experience with underwriting workers' compensation programs. As an Underwriter you will analyze & evaluate work compensation insurance risks to write, retain & grow a profitable book of business. In addition, you are also someone that can quickly hit the ground running & enjoys being in a fast moving iterative environment with a strong culture. If you want to continue your career in a complex but rewarding environment this position is for you!
What you'll do
- Apply sound, creative underwriting & business judgment in the timely analysis & evaluation of workers' comp insurance risks
- Develop & maintain an effective working relationship with broker, program administrator, & carrier
- Prepare & present group training sessions for less experienced underwriters, field personnel
- Participate in department projects & special assignments
- Monitor timely issuance & cancellation of policies, certificates of insurance & endorsements
Who you are
- Underwriter with 2-4 years of relevant experience with: new business proposals, loss rating, renewals, & demonstrated training skills
- Workers' Compensation experience (loss-sensitive program experience a plus but not necessary)
- Large account insurance brokerage or property & casualty carrier experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- You like working with people & helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments & want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.