Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our home visit programs are designed to improve care & outcomes for our members. Clover wants to take accountability for our members' healthcare journeys & provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with members' values & preferences.
This role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19 but will transition back to geo-targeted in-home visits when clinically appropriate post pandemic, likely in 2021.
As a Medical Assistant for our home visit programs you will:
- Assist Physicians or Nurse Practitioners in conducting in-home primary care visits for our most medically complex members as part of our In-Home Care program
- Assist Nurse Practitioners in conducting yearly health assessments as part of our Clover Care Visit program.
- Assist Nurse Practitioners in conducting post-hospitalization transitional care visits as part of our Readmission Prevention Program.
- Assist our Physicians & Nurse Practitioners in conducting Telehealth visits, including helping our members use Telehealth platforms. In some cases we provide delivery & pick up of tablet computers to help our members who do not have access to these devices engage in Telehealth visits with our clinical teams.
- Ensure that visits align with our program goals, including promotion of high quality of care & accurate documentation of member risk.
- Provide care that is compassionate, timely, evidence-based, & improves outcomes.
- Interact directly with the patient during in-home & Telehealth visits, including but not limited to:
- Collecting & documenting demographic information, care preference information, medication-related information, environmental information, vital signs, & other information as directed by the Physician or NP.
- Independently perform point of care tests in the home including obtaining urine samples, fingerstick, etc. based on gaps in care
- Communicate in-home test findings to physicians & NPs for interpretation & escalate abnormalities in real-time to allow for timely intervention
- Review required consent forms with the patient & obtain necessary signaturesTranslate for the patient, caregiver, family members, and/or physician/NP
- Communicate with the members support team answering frequently asked questions in English or Spanish as needed.
- Maintain medical supplies for home visits.
- Conduct follow-up phone calls to members regarding point-of-care testing reminders, making & attending referral appointments, etc.
- Remain with the Physician or Nurse Practitioner at all times during each visit.
- Participate in ongoing professional development & self-improvement.
- Attend & participate in regular, ongoing interdisciplinary meetings & trainings both in person & remotely.
- Physical Demands ability to perform tasks involving standing, walking, lifting, climbing at least 3 flights of stairs, moderate physical effort, maneuvering patients, occasionally must reach above head & carry up to 50 lbs of equipment
- Work Environment/Hazards exposure to communicable diseases, blood & blood products, illness, sharp instruments & needles, & electricity when in clinical areas. Ability to work in the member's home & office setting as needed. Ability to travel various distances to members homes.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others & being a patient, positive, & collaborative leader.
- You love clinical care with the goal of providing the best outcomes for older & frail patients.
- You are humble & understand that as a manager of people, you are there to serve & support others
- You can distill the needs of your patients & team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures. And, you can do it while fiercely protecting the privacy & rights of our members.
- You are nimble, & comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity & speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- Completed an accredited medical assistant program (required) from a Nationally recognized accredited institution such as AAMA, AMT, NCCT, NHA, etc.
- High School Graduate/GED/Equivalent Work or Vocational/Technical School/Diploma, required. Associate Degree preferred
- 2-3 years related work experience in the home, required. 3-5 years related work experience, preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or within 30 days of hire, required
- Ability to communicate fluently in English & Spanish, both orally & in writing, required
- Ability to organize & perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, required
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, eClinicalWorks preferred
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed, required
- Excellent interpersonal skills & an ability to communicate effectively with members & colleagues alike
- Valid New Jersey driver's license required
- Proficient in taking vital signs, drawing blood, updating medical records, preparing members for exams, doing basic laboratory work & facilitating treatment
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs & carrying up to 50 lbs of equipment, as some residences may not have elevators.
- You are comfortable working with members of diverse social, ethnic, & cultural backgrounds
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.