Lead a high performing team. Build scalable & reliable cloud based infrastructure. Automate & secure.
The Role Youll Play
As the DevOps Manager at CB Insights you will lead a high performing team geared towards optimizing the velocity at which we deliver software.
Our DevOps Managers main responsibilities are to build & foster a collaborative team, champion state-of-the-art patterns such as Infrastructure as Code & Immutable Infrastructure, as well as pave the path for the future of our systems. The ideal candidate has the technical chops to dive into the code, but also has the proven ability to provide technical leadership for projects while inspiring a team of DevOps engineers.
This is a technical & managerial position working across our entire stack of AWS services & infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, & Observability tools, while also partnering closely with our Engineering Managers to ensure we are providing the appropriate compliments to enable their success.
About the DevOps team
Sparta is an automation first cloud based DevOps team. Our goals include maximizing developer productivity through fine tuned CI/CD pipelines, automated & scalable infrastructure, & robust systems monitoring. We promote a highly collaborative atmosphere both within our team as well as across the other teams within CB Insights. We believe continuous learning & adherence to the DevOps philosophy are the keys to success.
Your Main Tasks
- Strategy & leadership - Collaborate on building a vision for where we need to be for DevOps & infrastructure, & assist in managing a plan for how to move towards the vision.
- DevOps - Support the engineering teams with infrastructure & tools for automatically building, deploying & running applications with a goal of 100% automation & observability
- AWS - Build, evolve & manage AWS infrastructure & services that runs our SaaS product
- Security - Ensure our SaaS product & infrastructure is secure & up to date with the latest security measures
- Platform reliability & production support - Lead & manage the incident management & escalation process to provide 24/7 support of our SaaS application
What you bring to the table
- Expert knowledge of cloud computing & AWS with experience building environments that meet high availability & reliability criteria
- Hands on experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery & continuous deployment, experience with Gitlab a plus
- Experience with container architecture & systems (such as Docker) & container orchestration tools (such as Nomad or Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge of Microservices & supporting patterns (Service Discovery - Consul, Service Mesh - Envoy, Circuit Breakers, etc)
- 7+ years Linux system administration
- 5+ years scripting experience with a focus on Python, Go, & Bash
- 4+ years leading an operations team & managing DevOps engineers
- 3+ years experience deploying infrastructure using Terraform or CloudFormation
- 1+ years of experience managing people
- Experience with full Hashicorp stack a plus (Nomad, Consul, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
- Experience in working fully remote yourself or with other remote teammates
Whats CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, & Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity & eligibility to work in the United States & to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.