WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at Bodas.net (The Knot Worldwide) we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a highly motivated engineering leader with a passion for leading teams to create elegant & scalable software for our users. The right person will have a proven track record delivering engaging, consumer focused products within a data driven, agile environment. In this role you will lead a talented engineering team, partner with product development, & actively participate in both tactical & strategic conversations to determine the evolution of our products.
The Knot Invitations is an exciting new line of business for The Knot Worldwide & we are making significant investments in our offering. This role has significant growth opportunity & visibility to stakeholders including the CEO, CPO, & CTO. The Engineering Manager for this team will work cross-organizationally to drive technical architecture vision & be a strong partner to product & design to establish OKRs & set technical vision to achieve business objectives.
- Oversee an engineering team responsible for our Invitations product vertical.
- Ensure the team is operating effectively to reach their goals, are properly supported & deliver quality software.
- Evolve our platform into a sustainable architecture that supports iterative & fast development.
- Develop, coach, & mentor multiple engineers at various stages of their career to ensure growth & cultivate emerging leaders.
- Provide leadership within the team to ensure solutions are built in alignment with company principles.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies including pre-IPM, IPM, standups, & retros.
- Partner with product & design to plan & deliver OKRs.
- Actively participate in establishing the broader technical & product strategy that supports our company goals.
- Partner with Principal Engineers & Architects to set the vision & create the tech roadmap to effectively operate this product & platform.
- Formulate & proactively look for opportunities to improve the overall effectiveness of the teams.
- Collaborate with the broader zone & company on key technical initiatives.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Have 7+ years of proven industry experience with 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
- Deep understanding of distributed system design utilizing both relational & non-relational data stores.
- Experience working within an Agile based environment.
- A track record of shipping successful consumer facing products.
- Possess strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable managing multiple work streams & coordinating resources across teams & products.
- Thrives in a collaborative work culture with teammates located in-office or remote across multiple locations in the US & abroad.
- Knowledge of A/B testing software & techniques is a plus.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.