Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a SecurityResearch Engineer, you will discover, lead & manage a variety of research projects in the Visa researchgroup. In this role, you will drive innovations by introducing technologies, methods, & solutions to deliver innovative products.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, senior executives, research scientists, software engineers & architects, as well as external parties like technology vendors, wallet providers, merchants, issuers & senior product regional managers. You will discover opportunities, propose research opportunities, create research plan, execute & implement the ideas. During the course, you will publish influential research papers & patents.
You will be integral part of Visa Research team. You will have the opportunity & the responsibility to build the long-term vision for the payment industry & influence the direction of the research & development across Visa.
- Master's Degree with Thesis or PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other technology field
- Very strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills & the ability to present complex ideas in a clear & concise way; ability to influence & develop relationships with key partners
- Strong research experiences & capable of organizing a complex research project from inception to implementation
- Strong understanding of algorithms & data structures
- Extensive programming experiences in C, C++ & Python
- Strong skills in high performance computing, including
- familiar with SSE/Vector instructions
- familiar with parallel computing (such as locks, futures & queues)
- understand the memory & cache locality & memory access patterns
- proficient with debugging, profiling & optimizing
- Strong knowledge of Linux kernel internals
- Understanding of sandboxing, process-level isolation, virtual-machine isolations & containers
- Knowledge of distributed computing, including IPC, Socket, asynchronous programming & debugging programs in a distributed environment
- Moderate level of security experience, including knowledge of secure & defensive programming; understand security models & able to decide the basic examples that satisfy the security model
- Moderate level of crypto experience, including knowledge of symmetric & asymmetric crypto algorithms, such as AES, SHA, RSA, EC, DH, PKI etc.
- Moderate experience with HSMs and/or with PKCS#11
- Results orientation with ability to plan the work & work in a team
- Fast learner in new technologies
- Experience with Rust programming language is a strong plus
- Experience in multidisciplinary research & development is a plus
- Experience in working on large scale of distributed & hybrid system, and/or large datasets is a plus
- Publications or presentation in recognized computing journals/conferences is a plus
- Payments industry experience is a plus
- Formulate business problems as research opportunity while ensuring key business drivers are captured in collaboration with stakeholders
- Create a concrete research proposal including problem statement, benefit of the research & plan for the fast iterations
- Work with senior executives, scientists & architects to formalize a committee to oversee the proposed research
- Implement the solution with prototype & early product by collaborating with other scientists & engineers
- Work & partner with product delivery teams to fully implement the proof of concept & early product in Visa services & products
- Document the milestones of research by delivering research reports
- Present & demo the research to a committee on the regular basis
- Work with IP team to identify patentable ideas in the research, as well as publication opportunities
- Champaign the innovation across the organizations & industries as an expert in the subject, either by providing consulting or by contributing to technology talks & presentations
- Continue to learn the new payment technologies in Visa & across industries
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.