At Feather, were 100% focused on our mission to transform people's relationship with material goods to create a healthier, happier planet. We are a fast-paced, hard-working team passionate about providing an alternative to fast furniture & helping city renters create homes they love.
Feather is looking for an Associate Designer, Motion & Graphics to join our team & focus on crafting sophisticated animations for consumer-facing performance & brand marketing campaigns. Ideally, you have an incredible eye for detail & mastery of After Effects, Cinema 4D, Illustrator, & Photoshop. Involvement is critical in all phases of the design process, including concept development, storyboarding, animation, graphic design, & production. Creative deliverables will span a variety of mediums & types, including animated ads, social videos, website graphics, & digital signage. You will act as both a hands-on producer & a strategic, conceptual leader on each project. You are right for this role if you are a curious person & a strategic thinker that can quickly understand the companys business concerns & identify potential creative opportunities.
What youll be doing
- Work with the marketing & brand teams to build & execute compelling, high-quality animated ads.
- Design & edit video pieces that strongly communicate product goals & concepts
- Deliver high-quality assets in multiple formats depending on creative briefs.
- Collaborate with marketing & brand to create stories through motion.
- Collaborate with designers & other engineers to incorporate animations & prototypes into production.
- Work with team members to develop streamlined motion design processes, strategic expansion, & maintenance of technical infrastructure
- You foresee design & motion trends to keep Feather at the forefront of design for web & advertising
- Work both autonomously & collaboratively with cross-discipline teams.
What you need to be successful
- 2+ years of professional motion/visual design experience preferably for consumer products or consumer-oriented marketing campaigns
- Modern & expressive motion graphics portfolio with an understanding of, & experience in branding, layout, color theory & typography in digital media
- Expertise in After Effects, Cinema 4D, Illustrator, & Photoshop.
- Mastery of a wide range of video production tools, techniques, & approaches as well as expert knowledge of post-production processes & workflows
- Specialty in 2D graphics but with knowledge & understanding of 3D space.
- Ability to translate written concepts into visually descriptive, impactful designs.
- Have an eye for detailed design & can execute against a variety of aesthetics.
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding, editing footage, & motion graphics/animation.
- Familiar with best practices for digital ads including A/B testing & versioning.
Who are you
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Excited about joining a small team & growing with Feather
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
What you'll get when joining Feather
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Access to 401(k) & commuter benefits
- Catered lunch three times a week & unlimited office snacks
- Monthly in-office massages & after-work happy hours
- A monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest MacBook Pro & a high-resolution external monitor
- A sit-stand desk & ergonomic desk chair