WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Etsy, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of nearly 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019, & Mobile Engagement Platforms in 2020. The company has also been named in Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 & 2020 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is at an inflection point in our maturity, where a key focus of our work is on Scalability, Observability, & Reusability. Reporting to the Chief of Staff in the Office of the CTO, youll focus on major incident management, process management, program management, & release management. The Office of the CTO is focused on ensuring that Braze is operating as a technology-first business, with process, policy, & support in place to manage growth & scale. Youll be ensuring that programs & processes that span or are required by multiple engineering departments are standardized, followed, & improved over time.
- Creating, communicating, & executing the incident response strategy & actions for individual incidents (spanning Security, IT, Infrastructure, & Product Engineering).
- Incident Commanding major incidents, driving resolution by closely partnering & collaborating with Engineering, Technical Support, Customer Success & Marketing Leadership.
- Lead our Blameless postmortems & champion a culture of continuous improvement of operations & execution.
- Own all incident notification systems, including upkeep & continuous improvement.
- Manage all incident-related training, including cross-training of our SREs, DevOps, & Application Engineers.
WHO YOU ARE
- Sufficient technical background & experience with specific tools for reporting, documentation & observability (Jira, Confluence, Datadog, or the equivalent).
- Able to effectively communicate critical issue status (both verbally & written) to executive staff, go to market teams, & other involved parties.
- Ability to effectively prioritize & execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience managing technical incidents, whether as part of an on call team, or as an escalation manager.
- You have a high degree of operational excellence, use data driven decision making to minimize risk, & love building & managing against reports & data.
- 5+ years in project management, escalation management, operations, and/or technical support experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- The ability to shape process & policy as we drive towards public company readiness
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & accepting organizational culture.
- This roll spans across all teams, reporting to the Chief of Staff in the Office of the CTO.
- Startup culture so there are lots of opportunities to add value quickly, but late stage with the stability & operational mindset that comes with it.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.