As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Are you interested in working on one of the most exciting domain & fast growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Visa is committed to fueling innovation in this space along with our partners. To this end, Visa is committed to open up the majority of existing APIs to our current clients & partners as well as the broader developer community.
Visa Developer Platform (VDP) is an exciting new initiative with an ambitious objective to consolidate multiple partner & developer facing assets across Visa into a common platform in order to simplify partner connectivity, decrease integration costs, & accelerate the pace of collaboration & innovation across payments ecosystem.
Technical Product Management (TPM)
A TPM is a leader of strategy, planning, & execution/delivery. The VDP team is looking for a TPM who is passionate about building scalable, secure & highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. As TPM, you will help build a state of the art developer platform, design next generation of Visa APIs, & help build infrastructure to make partners/developers worldwide successful using Visa payment network.
Additionally, you'll also be defining & evangelizing the API-first philosophy for all developmentteams at Visa. This includes engaging in technical & functional discussions with manyteams & continuous engagement with product managers & customers across a range of Visa's new & existingproducts.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal & organizational skills, & able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than three years of technical product and/or program management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment, developer portals/services, or APIs is highly desirable. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be a fast learner & able to pick up new domain quickly.
Accountabilities - General:
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, & cross-division coordination
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams & business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, & driving execution using agile methodologies
- Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs & influencing design & priority appropriately
- Partner with Product Management to define Visa's overall web services/API strategy. Own the roadmap working with the product & engineering teams
- Identify new & innovative areas to improve customer satisfaction. Drive the prioritization, delivery & measure the KPIs for their features
- Work closely with the engineers & contribute to the development of design artifacts & Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan & conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, & Hackathons
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Define & evangelize API frameworks, best practices for API design & developmentpractices across all Visa teams
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of relevant experience in technical product & program management
- Strong analytical & technical skills.
- Fluent in discussions about API design, SDKs, & developer tools.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner & business leader, with ability to organize & motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Proven track record of driving large scale products across multiple teams & shipping product in time.
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development & user acceptance testing efforts
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking & process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering. MBA is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.