SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROCESS OPERATOR SPECIALIST
SpaceX is seeking process operators for its Starbase, TX facility. Ideally, the operator has experience working with industrial processes that utilize engines, motors, fluid piping, electrical equipment, & instrumented controls. This position entails ownership of equipment performance & reliability by monitoring process parameters & maintaining components, with a keen eye for leading indicators of instability or malfunction, & a drive to correct those issues in advance of undesirable events.
- Identify equipment & process deviations & perform corrective actions
- Troubleshoot, maintain, & calibrate a variety of process equipment including centrifugal & reciprocating compressors, gas analyzers, control systems, instrument electrical systems & process control valves
- Work with engineers, technicians, & fabricators to implement fluid & mechanical designs in the field
- Work with engineers & technicians to create operating procedures
- Coordinate across multiple disciplines to ensure that required resources are available to complete builds
- Use knowledge of systems & existing documentation like schematics & parts lists to create & maintain a mature & efficient hardware inventory system including procurement of critical spares
- Learn & run standard operating procedures on the machinery
- Associate degree in mechanical or electrical engineering technology & 2+ years of experience working with automated processes in one of the following areas OR a high school diploma or equivalency certificate & 4+ years of experience in one of the following areas:
- Control room operations
- Plant operations
- Mechanic/millwright support
- Instrumentation/electrical operations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic understanding of process parameters & engineering units for temperature, pressure, flow, & power
- Ability to read & understand P&ID & schematic wiring diagrams
- Familiar with mechanical equipment & systems requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of industrial machinery & repair/replacement of bearings, gears, structural components
- Familiar with lock out tag out, job hazard analysis, hot work permitting
- Familiar with 120V, 480V, & 4160V electrical switchgear & components
- Willing & able to work outside with hand tools, which includes the ability to stand, walk, climb, & work with objects overhead
- Required to climb ladders to elevated platforms & operate man-lifts at elevations in excess of 100 feet
- Flexible schedule, which could include days or nights & also weekends
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Process Operations Specialist/Level 1: $28.00/hour
Process Operations Specialist/Level 2: $32.00/hour
Process Operations Specialist/Level 3: $36.00/hour
Your actual level & base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis & may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge & skills, education, & experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses & the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, & various other discounts & perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.