Operational Excellence is central to Flexports success - driving alignment across our business, creating new operational standards & building the people, process & product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for an Industrial Engineer with this mission. You will be the champion to implement business strategies via leading & managing operational projects across multiple function teams within their business unit.
- The primary goal is to help operational leaders solve problems and/or design processes that are efficient & effective & improve costs, quality, safety or revenue.
- Responsible for the successful management & deployment of Process Improvement projects, coaching, guiding, leading teams through Process Improvement Management & maintaining projected improvements in operational metrics
- Leads & drives continuous improvement while using available system enhancements.
- Works directly with Line of Business/stakeholders to identify & help resolve operational issues, assist in solving problems or forming decisions needing technical expertise or specialized knowledge.
- Manages assigned projects by developing, coordinating & controlling the steps necessary to carry out a project within established time frame, quality & requirements.
- Analyze metrics & KPIs needs & technology to provide input into the design of a new system, system enhancements, or process improvement.
- Obtains & evaluates & clearly defines business needs by assessing & documenting business opportunities, benefits, risks, & success factors of potential business solutions, while using Process Improvement required templates.
- As necessary prepares, maintains & evaluates written material & explanations that accompany systems, programs, & program changes for those assigned projects.
- Develop project plan & drive cross-functional team tasks to ensure each project completes on-time, within agreed constraints of resources, scope, quality & risks
- Measure & monitor each project from inception to delivery, including tracking & communicating status, identifying & tracking cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk & drive issues to resolution
- Proactively identifying & removing impediments on behalf of the team or negotiating with stakeholders when the project scope changes.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, & conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal & external team communication, improving transparency, & disseminating information about the project/change.
- Effectively provide updates to stakeholders of key issues that may impact project completion, budget or other results
- The Process Engineer will support senior leaders by identifying opportunities for improvement, organize resources, select & implement the appropriate improvement methodology & ensure projects are conducted successfully.
You should have:
- Bachelor degree or above in business management or related disciplines
- 5+ years of working experience in consulting, business operation or project management, preferably in the logistic or software development industry
- Knowledge & experience in supply chain management is a plus
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience & knowledge of sound Process Improvement methodologies
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive relationships with the business, operations, technology & other key stakeholders
- Data driven, strong analytical & logical sense
- Strong attention to detail & proficient problem solving skills.
- Willing to embrace & drive changes
- PMP, Six Sigma, Lean knowledge is preferred
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.