Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Head of Contract Operations to join our Sales Operations team. In this role you will have the opportunity to support Twilios growing Sales organization from a deal strategy & operational efficiency perspective. Success in the role requires a high degree of process orientation, excellent interpersonal & communication skills, original thinking to proactively identify new & different approaches to structuring deals, & ability to work across multiple functions as a trusted advisor to help sales teams nurture a deal from quote to cash. This is a high visibility role at Twilio requiring interactions with C-suite, Sales Leaders, & many functions across Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading Contract Operations. They also have:
- 10+ years total experience with at least 5 years in customer order management for complex deal types providing direct support to sales teams
- Ability to excel in a growing, fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Comfortable partnering & engaging with cross-functional teams to ensure the best possible support for the sales teams & deal cycles
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interpret, clearly articulate, handle objections, & appropriately debate difficult issues related to commercial terms & deal constructs
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- Understanding of general software pricing models
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM
As the Head of Contract Operations, you will live the Twilio Magic values
- BE AN OWNER: Lead a team Contract Operations professionals
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Serve as the point of contact for sales on all non-standard business contracts
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide guidance & pre-sales internal support to sales on best ways to structure deals
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure that signed contracts are complete & clearly communicated to all relevant parties, including interpretation to support implementation
- WRITE IT DOWN: Examine existing policies & procedures to optimize the end-to-end process from creation of the quote to the completion of signatures with all parties concerned
- BE INCLUSIVE: Share best practices with & provide training to sales team, peers, & outside business units to enhance the quality & efficiency of contracting processes
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure all approved requests have been properly documented, escalated to the appropriate approval level, & resolved within SLA
As the Head of Contract Operations you will lead the Contract Operations team responsible for deal structuring, order form creation, contract management, & supporting strategic & operational decision-making at Twilio. The individual in this role will define new deal constructs & work with other functions to ensure smooth implementation, ensure that accurate pricing goes out to the prospects, & commercial term documents are negotiated to yield the most mutually beneficial agreements for our customers & for Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our New York City office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.