Tanium is looking for a Strategic Integrated Marketing Director, Public Sector who will grow & develop pipeline, ensuring consistent & sufficient coverage to achieve quarterly & annual ACV targets. Working in partnership with sales leadership, the director will develop the marketing strategy, oversee program performance, monitor pipeline movement, & ensure high performance & alignment across regional team members. This role will also be responsible for initiating & sustaining customer marketing to drive net dollar retention, in alignment with the Marketing Plan.
What youll do:
- Improve pipeline predictability: Increase total pipeline coverage & manage the shape of the pipeline, by stage, through territory & account planning, across both Federal, State, Local & Education accounts.
- Operationalize pipeline management: Activate segmented marketing programs, throughout the buyer & customer journey, that grow new customer count & existing customer share of spend
- Leverage & tailor centralized marketing programs & campaigns & create sector-specific programs & activities: Work in partnership with the demand center of excellence, serve as a single marketing point of contact to sales leadership & provide marketing insight back into the marketing organization.
- Develop actionable pipeline insight: Identify macro trends in pipeline development & health, to stabilize pipeline progression & revenue predictability.
- Drive brand awareness, recognition & relevance: Guide the development & activation of sector-specific content thats novel, timely & relevant to showcase the power of the Tanium platform & value proposition in an otherwise very noisy media & marketing environment.
- Activate customer marketing & advocacy programs: Engage the current customer base to drive retention & expansion opportunities across both FED & SLED.
- Coach & develop team of strategic marketing managers: Develop the behavioral competencies of strategic marketing manager direct reports
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent industry experience required
- 7 - 10 years of relevant experience required in marketing campaigns, field marketing and/ or sales
- 7-10 years of experience required in marketing to the Public Sector (both FED & SLED)
- Experience in marketing and/ or sales operations, ideal
- Proven capability with Salesforce.com
- Proven experience in Forresters SiriusDecisions Demand Unit Waterfall
- Cross functional contribution to & participation in marketing campaign activation & product launches
- Sustained record demonstrating initiative & motivation
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Highly organized & detail oriented with bias for quantitative measurement
- Proven ability to adapt to, implement, & lead change at scale
- Ability to understand & communicate complex technical challenges, requirements, & solutions - verbally & in writing.
- Understanding of the current cybersecurity landscape & recent security events
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.