Developer Solutions Engineer, Switzerland
Were an identity company. Identity matters because were all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, & towns. We have unique backgrounds. Weve faced specific challenges. And weve learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, & we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, & comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
At Okta our goal is simple - to be The Identity for the Internet & to accelerate a world where everyone can safely use any technology.
And our opportunity is huge.
Whilst we continue to protect & enable our Customers partners, employees & contractors from a Workforce Identity perspective, we have a huge market opportunity in the field of Customer Identity Access Management (CIAM) & the leading technology to create frictionless registration & login for our customers most critical area of their business - their applications.
We allow customers to easily build authentication into any application, ensuring the security, scalability, reliability & flexibility of combining Oktas leading Customer Identity products into our Customers applications, enabling Developers to focus on the things that are most important to them, without the worry & responsibility of Identity Management.
As an Okta Developer Solutions Engineer you will:
- Architect world class CIAM Solutions using Okta API Suite of products, stretching your knowledge & experience in application development, enterprise cloud based architecture/integrations & cutting edge software development frameworks leveraging the latest technology stacks
- Help architect world class identity solutions using Oktas Identity Platform
- Understand customer requirements & communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Prepare demos & proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Oktas Platform
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customers existing environment & applications using a variety of means, including white boarding & architecture diagrams
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customers organization, from CxO to practitioner
- Distill & communicate customer needs & product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing & Sales
You could be a great fit for this role if you have some of the following experience:
- A customer facing Developer/Developer advocate background & a desire to learn industry leading Identity products & solutions background with Software Development experience/exposure
- An ability to design & implement reliable, scalable, high performing Web based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Identity & Access Management based solutions
- An ability to communicate very effectively with the technical & non technical audience
- An ability/desire to present complex solutions to a diverse audience, primarily Developers & Architects but also up to VPs & CXOs
- Experience in conducting discovery workshops to derive customer requirements, specifications & business processes
- Knowledge of Authentication & Authorisation protocols such as SAML, OIDC & OAuth
- Knowledge of various Directories such as LDAP & Active Directory
- Development experience on the server side (Java/.Net) as well as client side application design (Angular, Node, & other frameworks)
- An understanding of various protocols REST/SOAP & have lived through XML as well as played with JSON
- An ability to pick up new development stack while working with the prospects in Presales cycle
- Experience in working with various groups internally Solutions Engineering, Professional Services, Technical Marketing, Product Management & Product Marketing
- Experience & understanding of Microsoft stack such as .net, .netcore, WebAPI framework, OWIN libraries etc. is a plus
- Experience in developing mobile applications (using React Native/Ionic/Xamarin and understanding the identity layer integration involving devices is a huge plus
- Have learnt & have been part of enterprise application design stacks & understand nuances of security & cryptography
You might also have:
- An understanding of cloud deployments stacks such as AWS, Azure & GCP
- Proficiency in various open source software & development tools & stacks.
- Comfort working with cloud based source control systems such as GitHub & Bitbucket
- Industrial certifications such as TOGAF/Zachman/CISSP
- Experience speaking at technical conferences & events
- Okta certifications
If youre interested in understanding more about the opportunity but do not have all of the skills/experiences that could make you a great fit for the role then please dont be put off!
Here at Okta we have a fully proven, successful & structured onboarding process & invest heavily in the learning, development & growth of the people that we hire.
This opportunity is flexible & can be based remotely in Switzerland, with travel across EMEA on an ad-hoc basis.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual.
We are committed to delivering an impressive & fully structured 3 month onboarding programme, ongoing investment in you & your long term career progression whilst also employee wellbeing & making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation & speak with one of our recruiters
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer & committed to Diversity Inclusion & Belonging https://www.okta.com/uk/diversity/
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.