Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: May 18th or June 8th
Marketing helps drive the Mailchimp brand & shapes the perception of our products. The Marketing Operations team provides strategic planning, guidance, & the infrastructure to drive marketing performance. As a member of this highly visible team, the Marketing Project Operations Intern will oversee a variety of administrative & project support tasks to help drive cross-functional team projects & initiatives. This is a great opportunity to work with a world-class creative team & increase team productivity by helping to champion processes & programs with impacts to all areas of the business.
About The Role:
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who enjoys making connections with people, not only within multiple disciplines in the marketing team, but also across various departments across Mailchimp. A strong work ethic, master of organization, curiosity, & willingness to learn are key.
What youll do:
- Provide logistics support for the Marketing Operating Model meetings & planning activities
- Facilitate intake of all Fast Lane requests, act as primary liaison to cross-functional team members to ensure work is moving forward, & prepare weekly status updates
- Partner with other members of the team to facilitate habits & norms required to maintain productive cross-functional teams, including weekly standups & sprint retrospectives
- Promote communication & collaboration to drive alignment among cross-functional team members
- Act as a team champion, pitching in on special projects as needed to support all areas of Marketing & the Integrated Marketing Team
Wed love to hear from you if: or you have:
- Working towards a degree or have relevant work experience in Marketing, Design, Operations, or related field
- Experience as a contributor on a cross-functional team
- Exposure to or understanding of techniques & tools to prioritize & coordinate projects & tasks
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly & help others through those changes
- Strong written & interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate to team members at various levels within the organization
- Very strong organization, problem solving, & follow-through skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.