Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
The scripted fiction department develops & creates new original series. We are a highly collaborative group of producers, sound designers, & engineers.
Were looking for a creative, self-motivated Associate Producer to help develop & produce original fiction shows for Gimlet Media. Were looking for candidates who come from a TV or film background & are particularly familiar with show production. This person has a commitment to excellence, can give & receive constructive feedback, & is a team player. Above all, this person is genuinely excited about the challenge of making new shows from the ground up, from pre-production through post production, & developing their career in audio with a team geared toward fast growth.
What Youll Do
- Work closely with lead producers & creators during pre-production on show research
- Efficiently assisting producers during production with:
- Casting high level talent
- Coordinating studio bookings, talent schedule & transportation
- Maintaining calendar so all departments meet deadlines
- Handling catering needs for talent & creatives during all phases of production
- Working with writers during script development to prepare for recording & reconciliation during post production
- Assembling show bibles for derivative productions & adaptations
- Participating in group edits along side creatives & producers
- Efficiently assisting head of fiction & senior producers on fiction department with administrative duties, such as posting episodes to our CMS, working closely with Spotify Studios accounting, & department scheduling
- Working with engineers & producers to prepare recording studios for talent sessions
- Working with marketing to help grow & maintain shows social media presence
What You Have
- 2-3 years of experience in audio production, TV production, or a relevant field
- The ability & flexibility to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Able to identify strong pitches/potential writers
- Demonstrated passion for storytelling, whether in video, audio, and/or written content
- A keen organizational sense & a proven ability to execute against deadlines
- The ability to receive & implement feedback as part of a highly collaborative work environment
- The ability to communicate clearly & effectively, both within Gimlet + Spotify & externally
- A close attention to detail & the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Bonus points if youre familiar with Pro Tools!
This is afull-time role, based in ourBrooklyn, NY office.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users & our creators. This is something we value deeply & we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.